Danilo Gallinari visited Indianapolis in December, but on this date in 2010, Danilo Gallinari helped rout the Pacers. - USA TODAY Sports
A high-def TV camera was in the wrong place in the wrong time ten years ago today, and that highlights this edition of This Day in Pacers History.
- 1978: Indiana edges out the New Orleans Jazz with a 104-103 win. The Pacers scored 38 points in the third quarter. Mike Bantom led the way with 24 points in the team's 15th win of the season.
- 1979: Ricky Sobers's 28 points followed by Alex English's 27 helped the Pacers beat the Bucks 108-102. At this point in the season, Indiana had 12 wins, including this one.
- 1980: Milwaukee and Indiana faced off 365 days later, and the Bucks had the upper hand in this one. The Pacers found themselves in the middle of a four-game losing streak no thanks to a 106-96 loss. The Pacers had an 11-point lead in the second half and surrendered it.
- 1981: Former Hoosier George McGinnis had 24 points and Billy Knight had 23 points in a shooting explosion for the Pacers. Indiana beat San Diego 128-104. Indiana reached the 30-point-per-quarter mark in all but the third to give Indy their 23rd win of the season.
- 1985: In a game where both teams had 19 combined wins, Golden State and Indiana faced off and the Pacers won 112-96. Clark Kellogg led the way with 31 points with 93 percent shooting from the floor. The Pacers shot very well this night with 56 percent.
- 1989: Brad Daugherty's 29 points helped lead the Cavs beat the Pacers 119-98. Current Bucks head coach Scott Skiles led the Pacers with 19 points. Wayman Tisdale had a strong 16 points off the bench.
- 1990: Hakeem Olajuwon's double-double was too much for Indiana in a 117-103 Rockets win. Vern Fleming scored 26 for Indiana, but The Dream put up 28 points and 17 rebounds. All five Houston starters scored in double digits.
- 1992: Indiana defeated the Lakers 114-87 thanks to 29 points from Reggie Miller. Chuck Person was one rebound short of a double-double. The Pacers had a good night finding the bottom of the basket as they shot 56 percent.
- 1995: Despite seeing Reggie score 37 points, Indiana still fell short 114-103. Reggie put up 22 shots and made 12 of those while the other four starters made a combined 13 shots.
- 1996: Indiana handed the Clippers its third straight loss in a 110-94 road win for the Pacers. Rik Smits had a good night with 25 points.
- 1997: Reggie led the way once again with 33 points in a 117-104 win for the Pacers at Market Square. Kevin Johnson tried to keep his Suns in the game with his 30 points.
- 1998: Toronto came to town with only four wins, and they left Indianapolis on this date with just four wins. Smits had 24 points and 13 boards in a 89-77 win.
- 2001: Portland's winning streak jumped to six with a 102-86 win over Indiana. Jalen Rose led Indiana with 16 points.
- 2003: Metta World Peace breaks a TV camera after losing a close game to the Knicks 98-96. Latrell Sprewell had a good night for New York with 25 points; Jermaine O' Neal led Indiana with 24.
- 2004: Indiana bumped their three-game winning streak to four in a 91-84 bout with the Hornets. While Baron Davis had 35 points, he also had eight turnovers. O' Neal played 40 minutes and had 26 points.
- 2009: Indiana beat Sacramento 122-117 thanks to Danny Granger's 35 points. Troy Murphy had a double-double with 12 points and 13 rebounds.
- 2010: The last time the Pacers played on this date, most Pacers fans would like to forget this game, so I'll just post the losing score: 132-89.