Chris Humphreys-USA TODAY Sports
The Pacers lost another tight game in Denver on Monday, again wandering off the court while staring at the refs.
The Indiana Pacers came out on the losing end of a frantic finish for the second game in a row, after the Denver Nuggets got the final call of the game to allow Andre Iguodala to win the game for the Nuggs at the free throw line.
The game was oddly called throughout with tons of perimeter contact allowed in the second half while random fouls were called. The Pacers defense seemed to thrive once the game went physical and they were able to make a run at stealing the win down the stretch.
Make no mistake, if the Pacers won this game they would've had to quickly jump in the get away care and flee town. But instead they were left stunned with another loss after losing their way earlier in the second half to fall behind by double digits. They weren't talking about the refs after the game, but Davis West took his old-school game to Twitter to leave an old-school complaint about how the game played out.
Rodney Dangerfield...— David West (@D_West30) January 29, 2013
Before looking at the refs, the Pacers should look around the rim where they were outscored 50 to 36 and allowed Kosta Koufos and Timofey Mozgov impact the game with a combined 19 points. Some of Denver's buckets at the rim came in transition where the Pacers were beaten 21-8 on the night.
Now the Pacers return home for a heavy home schedule where they will play nine of their next ten games beginning on Wednesday when they host the Detroit Pistons.
Check out the links:
- Pacers at Nuggets - Box score highlights
- Pacers silenced by Nuggets, officiating | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Game Rewind: Pacers 101, Nuggets 102 | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Another frantic finish results in another Pacers loss | 1070 The Fan – Opinion & Analysis
- Denver Nuggets beat Indiana Pacers 102-101 on Andre Iguodala's free throw - The Denver Post
- Nuggets 102, Pacers 101 - NBA News | AP
- Pacers vs Nuggets: Nuggets pull off weird victory - Denver Stiffs
- Pacers Bring Back Sam Young | Pacers.com
- Pacers Lose to Nuggets as Controversy Masks What Was a Troubling Game – and Road Trip - 8 Points, 9 Seconds
- Pacers notebook: Jeff Pendergraph eager to play | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Rockets hand Jazz worst home loss in franchise history - Sheridanhoops.com
- 8 pranks for Metta World Peace's new hidden-camera show - USAToday.com
- The Dallas Mavericks D-League affiliate is interested in Allen Iverson, report says | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports