The Indiana Pacers will offer us a little late-night hoops action on Wednesday when they visit the Portland Trail Blazers. While the Blazers present plenty of problems on paper, they are currently reeling, losing their last six games to drop a game under .500.
Regardless, the Rose Garden is no easy place to play and despite having one solid road win under their belt on this trip, the Pacers remain a work in progress on the road. The game tonight will, however present a nice opportunity for the blue and gold to show some of that killer instinct they flash at home by beating a desperate Portland team on their home court.
Also, while the Pacers did well on the court in Memphis on Monday, they also did well off the court. A group of players visited a local children's hospital in Memphis. According to Marcus Watson of St. Jude Hospital, their visit was a part of Hoops for St. Jude, a joint effort between St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and NBA Cares to help promote fundraising and awareness for St. Jude to help kids battling cancer and other deadly diseases.
Here's a picture of Orlando Johnson sharing some quality time with one of the kids.
Check out the links:
- Game Preview: Pacers at Trailblazers | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Pacers-Trail Blazers Preview - AP
- Pacers' Paul George might have better shot at All-Star slot than David West | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Blazers Face Defensive-Minded Pacers, Try to Avoid Seven Straight Losses - Blazer's Edge
- Portland Trail Blazers vs. Indiana Pacers game preview | OregonLive.com
- Trail Blazers coach Terry Stotts: 'We've got to turn it around' (video) | OregonLive.com
- Paul George's evolution makes him favorite for Most Improved honor - NBA - Ian Thomsen - SI.com
- LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, and more NBA All-Star selections - Grantland
- Sources: Jermaine O'Neal has heated confrontation with Suns GM - Yahoo! Sports
- Kings sale: Mark Mastrov, Ron Burkle reportedly serious candidates to keep team in Sacramento - SBNation.com