T.J. Ford played a huge contribution in the team's 2009 win over Detroit. - Christian Petersen
Indiana found themselves playing a lot of free basketball on this date. More times than not, it didn't fare well for the Pacers as they are 1-3 all-time on this date when they go to overtime.
- 1977: Billy Knight had a game-high 32 points, but all five Golden State starters scored in double figures to lead the Warriors to a 113-109 win.
- 1979: Although four starters for the Pacers scored in double digits, Denver came out on top 111-109.
- 1981: Indiana won 101-99 thanks to Billy Knight putting up 24 points. Indiana won their seventh straight game.
- 1983: Despite shooting just under 59 percent, Indiana still lost to Chicago 126-123. Herb Williams led the way with 31 points while Reggie Theus scored 28 for the Bulls.
- 1989: Despite having three starters putting up 16 points apiece, the Pacers shot for 42 percent in a 106-97 loss to the Nets.
- 1992: Washington and Indiana went to double overtime, but it was the Bullets who came out to prevail 127-118. As you can imagine, lots of shots and points went up, but it was a 15-6 run in the final frame that sent Indiana home with their 22nd loss.
- 1994: Indiana went to overtime once again. This time it was against the Sixers, and Indiana fell short 104-102.
- 1995: Rik Smits turned in a double-double, but the Pacers got the short straw in a 94-92 loss to Milwaukee.
- 1997: Overtime was needed for this matchup with the Kings, and all Indiana could scrape across was four points in the extra frame to fall 105-98 in Sacramento.
- 1998: Grant Hill had a game-high 37 points for the Pistons, but the Pacers took the home win 100-93.
- 2004: While Jermaine O' Neal contributed a double-double, Reggie Miller scored all 13 of his points when Indiana needed them most — the fourth quarter. Indiana won 85-78 despite shooting 33 percent.
- 2005: Indiana had no trouble against Phoenix in grabbing a much-needed double-digit win.
- 2006: A big three made by Fred Jones late put the Pacers in the drivers seat to a close 91-89 win. Stephen Jackson made the dagger shot with eight seconds remaining.
- 2009: Indiana won in overtime for once, this time to the Pistons 110-106. T.J. Ford came off the bench to lead the Pacers in scoring with 24.
- 2011: Indiana shot for 32 percent while Derrick Rose took full advantage of the Pacers struggling. Chicago cruises past Indiana, 99-86.
- 2012: A trio of Pacers scored 21 apiece to boost the Pacers past the Celtics 97-83.