USA TODAY Sports
The Pacers held on to take care of Charlotte on Saturday night and now S
Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco looked pretty good in Denver on Sunday. Conlin Kaepernick for the San Francisco 49ers? Wow, not bad at all.
But the best pass I saw on Sunday night came in the final minute of the Indiana Pacers win over the Charlotte Bobcats when David West gathered a loose rebound in traffic and fired a perfect pass, hitting Lance Stephenson in the seam on a post pattern that ended with a two-handed flush by Stephenson to give West his 10th assist on the night to complete a triple-double.
The Pacers continue to work through issues with illness, beating the Bobcats without Paul George. After the game, West's nasally responses to questions revealed he surely wasn't feeling 100 percent either. Of course, when Kevin Lee asked him about it, West said he felt fine.
So now the Pacers will put their home momentum to the test on the road against the Brooklyn Nets. The Nets are equally hot but also dealing with issues. Brooklyn has suddenly jumped up to fourth place in the Eastern Conference standings, a game and a half behind the Pacers after winning five consecutive games.
But Gerald Wallace is out after "Crash" lived up to his nickname once again and injured his ribs in a fall on Friday when the Nets beat the Suns. Deron Williams is also dealing with a thigh contusion which has him questionable.
Hopefully both teams will have enough key players to make what should be an excellent matchup a fun one to watch.
Check out the links:
- Bobcats at Pacers - Box score and highlights
- Game Rewind: Pacers 96, Bobcats 88 | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- David West's triple-double leads Pacers to win over Charlotte | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- West’s first triple-double leads Pacers past Bobcats | 1070 The Fan – Opinion & Analysis
- Pacers-Nets Preview - AP
- West's Triple-Double "Just part of the game" | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Game Preview: Pacers at Nets | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Bobcats lose handle in second half, fall to Pacers 96-88 - Rufus on Fire
- Post-Game Grades: Pacers Survive Bobcats behind David West’s 1st Career Triple Double - 8 Points, 9 Seconds
- Brooklyn Nets' Gerald Wallace to miss Sunday against Indiana Pacers with bruised ribs - ESPN New York
- Injuries aside, Brooklyn Nets enjoying healthy changes under P.J. Carlesimo - NY Daily News
- Nets sign Damion James - Brooklyn Nets Blog - ESPN New York