The events on the final day of 2012 lets the Pacers enjoy New Year's Day while sitting in first place in the Central Division by a game over Chicago and the Milwaukee Bucks. Not a bad way to start 2013 when you consider the Pacers still have room for improvement in both their play on the court and the health of their roster.
The Pacers return to action at BLF on Wednesday night when they host the Washington Wizards. Speaking of health, George Hill hopes to return from his leg injury to play the Wiz but with the way D.J. Augustin played on Monday in a starting role, Hill's return may not be so urgent.
Do you think Augustin can provide another solid performance in the starting role?
Oh, and the picture with Paul George taking the ball through his legs for a dunk attempt came well after a whistle in the fourth quarter. PG was headed for 40-plus minutes on the court but young fella had plenty of legs in reserve to try a dunk (which he missed) during a dead ball situation.
Check out the links:
- Grizzlies at Pacers - Box score and highlights
- Game Rewind: Pacers 88, Grizzlies 83 | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Short-handed Pacers finish 2012 on high note with complete team effort | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Memphis Grizzlies outscored in the end by Pacers " The Commercial Appeal
- Pacers notebook: Sunday was no day of rest for Hibbert | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Augustin, George spark Pacers past Memphis | 1070 The Fan – Opinion & Analysis
- George leads Pacers over Grizzlies - AP
- Pacers: A look back at 2012 | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- Stumble down stretch microcosm of tough December for Grizzlies " The Commercial Appeal
- Pacers 88, Grizzlies 83: Well, Crap. - Straight Outta Vancouver
- Post-Game Grades: Just Another Pacers’ Comeback Win as Indiana Out-Plays Memphis Late - 8 Points, 9 Seconds