INDIANAPOLIS, IN - MAY 08: George Hill #3 of the Indiana Pacers celebrates with teammates after making a first quarter basket while playing the Orlando Magic in Game Five of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals during the 2012 NBA Playoffs on May 8, 2012 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Gregory Shamus/Getty Images)
Which Indiana Pacers' trio would perform best as a 3-on-3 team?
With FIBA pushing for an international 3-on-3 tournament, SB Nation's NBA posse decided we should see which NBA teams could field a competitive 3-on-3 squad for a tournament stateside. Now we have some ground rules which make things interesting for the Pacers. First, the general rules to consider.
Assume basic FIBA rules (which aren't much different from NBA rules). The only essential difference is half court -- so fast breaking will be minimized. Baskets are 2 points and 3 points, just like in FIBA, losers outs. Not that it much matters to the process of picking the team.
The key, though is that we are only picking three players. No subs. This means in terms of the Pacers you have to decide whether to go small, big or cover all aspects. Any way you slice it, there are mismatches in favor and against the blue and gold. So let me know your thoughts and which trio of Pacers you think would fare best.
Also, after the jump, check out a few offseason links with news from around the NBA.
- Welcome Back, Slick | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Pacers Lose a Most Valuable Player in Doctor Brueckmann | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- ISL's Chris Goff grades the Pacers' offseason moves
- Derrick Rose, Dwight Howard, other injured NBA stars - Sam Amick - SI.com
- Best Trade Ever: Around SB Nation With Our Favorite NBA Deals - SBNation.com
- Winderman: CBA rules grind NBA player movement to a halt | ProBasketballTalk
- What does Boston see in Jeff Green? | The Point Forward
- Martell Webster, Washington Wizards agree to one-year deal - Sam Amick - SI.com
- NBA Summer Power Rankings: Free agency moves Lakers up | ProBasketballTalk
- NBA Report Cards for the Summer of 2012-Part III - Sheridanhoops.com
- Doling Out Extensions For The NBA's Class Of 2009 - SBNation.com
- Analyzing the motivation behind a potential James Harden trade | The Point Forward
- Here are your top-10 NBA highest-paid players for 2012-13 | ProBasketballTalk
- NBA Offseason Report: Indiana Pacers - CBSSports.com