Team USA locked up another gold medal by beating Spain 107-100 in the men's basketball final at the London Olympics on Sunday.
Hopefully the way this game played out will keep any age limits from intruding on future competitions. The heavily favored U.S. team ran into a Spain team that was ready for the challenge. Pau Gasol and Juan Carlos Navarro made things tough on Team USA but Kevin Durant scored 30 points and nine rebounds while LeBron James chipped in 19 points to push the red, white and blue to the gold medal win.
Anytime you can have LeBron James 'chipping' into a win you know things are going well. Point guard Chris Paul had a nice 5-point stretch in the fourth quarter to boost the USA squad to a lead they would never relinquish. Great intensity and a great game to decide the gold.
Check out the links after the jump.
- Season of LeBron ends with Olympic gold medal - Yahoo! Sports
- 2012 Olympics --Team USA as good as gold again - ESPN
- London 2012 Olympics: Mike Krzyzewski goes out a winner with U.S. men's basketball - chicagotribune.com
- LeBron James unsure if he'll play for Team USA in 2016
- And at long last, the NBA goes to sleep for a month | ProBasketballTalk
- LeBron James reaches next level of coronation as U.S. streaks to gold in London - Chris Mannix - SI.com
- With Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Lakers' four on floor shifts balance - latimes.com