Jul 31, 2012; London, United Kingdom; USA players including Anthony Davis (14) and Deron Williams celebrate after defeating Tunisia in the men's preliminary game during the London 2012 Olympic Games at Basketball Arena. Mandatory Credit: Richard Mackson-USA TODAY Sports
Winning or losing was never an issue with the USA men's basketball team in their 110-63 rout of Tunisia which move the red,white and blue to 2-0 in Group A pool play. Wondering if Tunisia would cover the monster point spread, though was far more exciting.
Bovada Sportsbook listed the U.S. team as 54-point favorites which is borderline ridiculous. According to Bovada manager, Kevin Bradley, he couldn't remember setting a higher spread for basketball, yet prior to the game 65% of the money was coming in on the USA.
Tunisia hung tough early and only trailed by 13 points at the half, but then the USA team eventually blew the game open, outscoring Tunisia 64-30 in the second half. But that still wasn't enough to cover the monster spread. Team USA will resume play on Thursday against Nigeria, a team featuring former Pacer Ike Diogu, and New Orleans Hornets forward Al-Farouq Aminu.
As for the Pacers, Chris Haynes from CSNNW.com in Portland tweets (thanks, IndyPacers) that former Trail Blazers forward Craig Smith is in early talks with Indiana about potentially taking up an open roster spot. After playing regular rotation minutes for most of his first three years in the league with the Minnesota Timberwolves, Smith's minutes have declined in each of the past three years. He's an undersized power forward who by all accounts is a solid pro to add to the locker room but that would be about the extent of his impact as the roster is currently constructed.
Check out the links after the jump which includes Roy Hibbert making an appearance on Bob & Tom with WWE wrestler Sheamus.
- Roy Hibbert goes on air with WWE's Sheamus | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Twitter / ChrisBHaynes: CSNNW has learned that former #Blazers F Craig Smith (The Rhino) is in preliminary talks with the Indiana Pacers. Nothing imminent.
- Just to confirm, Kevin Love’s knee injury nothing serious | ProBasketballTalk
- 2012 Summer Olympics -- Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Love lead Team USA in rout of Tunisia - ESPN
- Report: Free-agent guard C.J. Miles leaning toward signing with Lakers | SI Tracking Blog – Tracking MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, and NCAA On Twitter
- Jodie Meeks says Lakers, Bucks or Wizards ‘at the forefront’ to sign him | SI Tracking Blog – Tracking MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, and NCAA On Twitter
- Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra discusses NBA championship, LeBron James in London Olympics. - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
- Chicago prepares to sign Nate Robinson, after his breakfast mates break the news of their agreement | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
- Warriors Re-Sign Brandon Rush — Finally — 2 Years, $8 Million - Inside the Warriors - with Marcus Thompson
- Wolves, Roy back to future - with a wary eye on knees | StarTribune.com