Holiday? What holiday?
NBA front offices were hard at work on the Fourth of July with a Canadian point guard providing the free agent fireworks at the end of the day. For most of the day, former Phoenix Suns point guard Steve Nash appeared headed for Toronto and then New York to join the Knicks. Either move would've boosted a team in the East that was behind the Indiana Pacers last season.
Then suddenly Nash was dealt to the Los Angeles Lakers to make a geriatric run at a title with Kobe Bryant. The Suns then filled the hole at point guard by signing Goran Dragic in a nice four-year, $34 million deal. That deal is similar to what the Pacers reportedly paid for George Hill, with HoopsWorld reporting the deal is five-years, $40 million.
Other than Hill, the Pacers have been quiet and not tied to any serious offers, instead just interest in various role players. Of course, with the decision on matching Hibbert still in play there may only be a small move or two to make.
Check out the links after the jump.
- Spurs Nation " Ex-Spurs guard Hill stays with Pacers
- Indiana Pacers, George Hill agree to 5-year deal, report says - ESPN
- Grading The Deal: Pacers Keep George Hill - RealGM Basketball Blog
- George Hill’s Contract Revealed: 5 Years, $40 Million | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- Source: Eric Gordon agrees to maximum deal with Suns | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Nash trying to provide Bryant 'Magic' touch - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN
- Suns continue rebuilding, agree to terms with guard Goran Dragic - Sam Amick - SI.com
- Sources: Beasley meets with Suns - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN
- Report: Thunder agrees to two-year deal with center Hasheem Thabeet | SI Tracking Blog – Tracking MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, and NCAA On Twitter
- Report: Clippers extend offer to Jamal Crawford, eyeing Chauncey Billups and Rockets’ Courtney Lee | SI Tracking Blog – Tracking MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, and NCAA On Twitter
- Spencer Hawes reaches agreement on two-year deal with Sixers - Yahoo! Sports
- Nets target Ersan Ilyasova as backup plan if they can't land Dwight Howard - Yahoo! Sports
- Source: Claiming Fake Scoops Makes You Look Like A Tool - From Our Editors - SBNation.com