Jul 29, 2012; London, United Kingdom; USA players Russell Westbrook (7) and LeBron James (middle) celebrate after the men's basketball preliminary against France during the 2012 London Olympic Games at the Basketball Arena. Mandatory Credit: Bob Donnan-USA TODAY Sports
The men's Olympic basketball tournament resumes today with the second round of pool play games. Russia and Spain have already moved to 2-0 and as expected appear to be the strongest challengers out of Pool B to contend with Team USA.
Team USA will play Tunisia in the day's final game at 5:15 p.m. ET although the Pool A game is not a case of saving the best for last. While there are several strong teams in the Olympics with many NBA players representing different countries, Tunisia is not one of those. In fact, the U.S. team is reportedly a 55-point favorite. Tunisia may be the play there, assuming Team USA calls off the dogs at some point.
The games can be seen on NBC's Olympic Basketball channel on various cable/satellite outlets or streaming live on NBCOlympics.com.
After the jump, check out a few links on the day's news around the NBA and feel free to share your thoughts and observations on the Olympic hoop games and anything related to the NBA offseason.
- Destination Unknown: A Night Off in Minnesota | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- USA men's hoop team is a 55-point favorite against Tunisia
- Report: Bulls close to signing Nate Robinson - chicagotribune.com
- Warrior Out of Roster Spots, Out of Salary Cap Space (Below Tax); So How Can They Keep McGuire? - Inside the Warriors - with Marcus Thompson
- Jacque Vaughn might be the Magic's next Doc Rivers - Orlando Sentinel
- King County Council approves Seattle arena plan - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN
- Kobe Bryant goes back to school: Lakers switching to Princeton offense - Yahoo! Sports
- Clippers trade for Willie Green from Hawks | ProBasketballTalk
- Washington can’t like this: Nene still battling plantar fasciitis | ProBasketballTalk
- Warriors reach deal with Carl Landry; close with Rush | ProBasketballTalk
- NBA schedule a complicated work of balancing logistics and popularity | The Point Forward
- Sources: Chicago Bulls working on deal to acquire Nate Robinson - ESPN Chicago