INDIANAPOLIS, IN - MAY 08: Roy Hibbert #55 of the Indiana Pacers reacts to a late fourth quarter basket by Leandro Barbosa #28 while playing the Orlando Magic in Game Five of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals during the 2012 NBA Playoffs on May 8, 2012 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Gregory Shamus/Getty Images)
The Indiana Pacers made news on and off the court on Monday, first off the court with their decision to hang on to Roy Hibbert and keep him from signing an offer sheet from the Portland Trail Blazers. On the court, the Summer Pacers won their first game in Orlando by beating the Summer Sixers.
Orlando Johnson and Miles Plumlee broke the seal on their NBA careers showing some good stuff and some 'meh' stuff in typical summer league fashion. The Pacers play at 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday against Oklahoma City which means Plumlee will run into Perry Jones III in the post for the Thunder.
Back off the court, the Pacers still have to manage the signings of George Hill and Hibbert to maximize their ability to add another free agent to the fold if they can find the right deal. Zach Lowe does nice job of breaking down the situationfor the Pacers now that the Hibbert situation has been made.
Check out the rest of the links after the jump.
- Indiana Pacers will sign center Roy Hibbert this week | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Bob Kravitz: Indiana Pacers had to keep Roy Hibbert | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Roy Hibbert’s max contract offer will be matched by the Indiana Pacers, which makes complete and total sense | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
- Pacers vs Philadelphia Summer League 2012 | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Pacers 69, 76ers 63 Box score, Highlights
- NBA.com - Summer League scores
- Top Rookies, Youngsters Show Their Stuff In NBA Summer League - SBNation.com
- Pacers 69, Sixers 63, Fans -28 in Game One of Orlando Summer League - Liberty Ballers
- Orlando Magic Summer League 2012: Pacers 69, 76ers 63 – Orlando Magic BasketBlog – Orlando Sentinel
- Roy Hibbert Will Remain a Pacer | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- Trail Blazers' free agency Plan A fizzles as Pacers move to retain Roy Hibbert | OregonLive.com
- Spurs Nation " Blair doubts he will be with Spurs next season
- Report -- Jeff Hornacek candidate for Orlando Magic coaching job - ESPN
- Hibbert Staying In Indiana " NBA.com | Hang Time Blog
- Source -- New York Knicks acquire Marcus Camby in sign-and-trade deal with Houston Rockets - ESPN New York
- NBA Free Agency: Max Deals For Mediocre Talent - YouTube
- Dwight Howard waiting game continues as Nets, Magic look to finalize deal - Sam Amick - SI.com
- Celtics one of eight teams pursuing Lee - Blakely - CSNNE.com
- Bulls free agency rumors: Decision day approaching on bench mob contracts - Blog a Bull