The Boston Celtics seized control of the NBA Eastern Conference Finals on Tuesday with an impressive road win over the Miami Heat to head home with a 3-2 series advantage, one win away from the NBA Finals.
The Miami Heat seemed to assert themselves a couple of times in the second half to take control of the game, but the C's never quit grinding and in doing so made the little plays necessary to stay in the game and then the big plays down the stretch to win it.
Boston repeatedly beat the Heat to loose balls to keep possessions alive and more than once turn them into big three-pointers. The Celtics also took advantage of the 'run on whiners' philosophy to beat Miami down the court. The Heat weren't always whining, though they were just retreating on defense without the proper sense of urgency.
With less than a minute to play, Paul Pierce hit a simply ridiculous three-pointer from the left-wing, sneaking it over LeBron James. It was the type of shot the Heat were desperate to hit and having it splash in their face seemed to take the life out of Miami. Boston went back to the little things to close it out by hitting all of their free throws to keep Miami two possessions down until the buzzer sounded. Wow.
Check out the lastest links after the jump.
- Player Review 2012: Kyrylo Fesenko | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Paul Pierce drains 3-point dagger over LeBron James to seal Celtics’ Game 5 win over Heat (VIDEO) | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
- Dwyane Wade blocks Brandon Bass, Rajon Rondo taps rebound to Mickael Pietrus for huge 3 in Celtics’ Game 5 win (VIDEO) | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
- Taylor looks to impress during NBA workouts - Fox Sports Midwest
- While LeBron James experiment teeters on collapse, Erik Spoelstra reveals Heat's softness - Yahoo! Sports
- VIDEO: Miami Heat Fan Happy His Team Tried Their Very Best - From Our Editors - SBNation.com
- Boston Celtics Continue To Prove Us All Wrong At Every Turn - SB Nation Boston
- How Celtics Put LeBron On Ropes Again - Daily Dime - ESPN
- Orlando Magic still considering Phil Jackson for front office job - Sam Amick - SI.com
- New Blazers GM Olshey suggests Canales to remain coach | ProBasketballTalk
- LeBron James is wrapping up 'The Hunger Games' trilogy