MIAMI, FL - JUNE 19: LeBron James #6 of the Miami Heat attempts a shot in the seocnd half against Kevin Durant #35 of the Oklahoma City Thunder in Game Four of the 2012 NBA Finals on June 19, 2012 at American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)
Tonight could be the night when LeBron James hunts down that elusive NBA championship ring that has offered detractors an angle to dismiss his level of excellence as an NBA player. The Miami Heat have triple championship point on the Oklahoma City Thunder but they better go for the ace tonight and end it in Miami so they don't give the young Thunder any life to head back home and really make this a series once again.
Meanwhile, the Indiana Pacers continue preparing for next week's NBA draft. Larry Bird has been fully involved in the draft prep and workouts even though he and Herb Simon have not officially agreed to have Bird run the front office for another year.
According to Mike Wells, the two will talk next week. Of course, I thought last week was "next week" and then this week was "next week" but now next week is next week. Hey, if they aren't that concerned than neither am I. At a minimum Bird will see the team through the draft (when?)...next week.
Check out the links after the jump.
- Pacers Draft Party 2012 | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Pacers: No meeting this week | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- Vogel, Pagano happy to field a few different questions on this night | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- NBA: Ball State's Jones, Duke's Plumlee work out for Pacers - fox59.com
- Pacers: Melo turns heads during his workout | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- Plumlee returns to Indiana and works out for Pacers | WLFI - West Lafayette, Indiana
- Reactions from AAA after the unforgettable Game 4 Heat victory - Peninsula is Mightier
- NBA Rumors: Brian Shaw "Interested" in Orlando Magic Coaching Job, According to Report - Orlando Pinstriped Post
- Bill Simmons on Russell Westbrook: "That Boy Competed" - Welcome to Loud City
- Kevin Durant must own fourth quarter again to keep OKC alive – USATODAY.com
- Magic hire OKC's Rob Hennigan as new GM - Yahoo! Sports
- Kendrick Perkins just doesn’t ‘understand’ why Oklahoma City goes away from the lineup featuring him at center | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
- Washington deals away its potential cap flexibility, and Rashard Lewis, to New Orleans for Emeka Okafor and Trevor Ariza | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
- Rebounding Is The Difference In NBA Finals For Heat - SBNation.com
- LeBron James gives his all for Heat, brings himself within one victory of elusive title - CBSSports.com
- Westbrook answers critics, but teammates offer little assistance - NBA - CBSSports.com News, Scores, Stats, Fantasy Advice
- Fixing Flopping: NBA's Proposed Rules Will Only Make Things Worse - SBNation.com
- LeBron James' near-perfect performance powers Heat to 3-1 lead over Thunder - Chris Mannix - SI.com
- Miami Thrice: Heat Take 3-1 Lead Over Thunder In NBA Finals - SBNation.com
- Cramps Can't Stop LeBron's Final Ascent - Daily Dime - ESPN
- Cavaliers notes: Sullinger to work out for team - news-herald.com
- Hornets feeding potential top pick Anthony Davis' appetite for New Orleans | NOLA.com
- On verge of another title, Pat Riley says he has no plans to quit any time soon as president of Miami Heat - NY Daily News
- NBA Finals: You can't buy this kind of experience | NewsOK.com
- Miami Heat’s fighters rise from potential knockdown - Greg Cote - MiamiHerald.com
- Resilience on display in Miami as Heat defeats Thunder - Linda Robertson - MiamiHerald.com
- Game 4's big, late moments - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN