May 2, 2012; Orlando, FL, USA; Indiana Pacers small forward Danny Granger (33) celebrates with point guard Darren Collison (2) after scoring a basket despite a foul during the fourth quarter of game three in the Eastern Conference quarterfinals of the 2012 NBA Playoffs at the Amway Center. Indiana defeated Orlando, 97-74. Mandatory Credit: Douglas Jones-US PRESSWIRE
The Indiana Pacers are back in the gym on Friday in preparation for their Game 4 matchup with the Orlando Magic. Needless to say they kept busy on their off day with a few of the player taking in Disney World.
The Pacers have drawn a lot of publicity in the past 24 hours thanks to the ridiculous TMZ story and four players making the trip to Disney World. Giving the body and mind a rest from the grind of the playoffs is a good thing, but they better back it up with a strong effort on Saturday afternoon.
Fair or not, a flat effort against a Magic team they have a distinct advantage over at this point will make it easy to point toward the off day to fuel perceptions that the team lacked the maturity to handle success and stay focused. I was looking forward to seeing how the team would come out and play on Saturday regardless of how they spent their off day since maintaining a high-level of play in the role of a favorite has not always gone well. So at least for me, they won't get off easy blaming a Saturday loss on any off-day activities.
Now is the time to show they have their high-level game together whenever they hit the court regardless of what else is going on outside the locker room.
Check out the links after the jump including a video of the little excursion to Disney World.
- Caught in the Web: No magic to Pacers' third-quarter dominance | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Pacers Crate with Brian Shaw | video | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Pacers: Trying to make something out of nothing | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- For Pacers' Barbosa, big brother also watching -- and cheering | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Orlando Magic, Indiana Pacers, 2012 NBA Playoffs: Pacers focused on winning right way, not reveling in Magic misfortune - fox59.com
- Bob Kravitz: Broadway play gets Larry Bird right | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Orlando Magic Ryan Anderson: Indiana Pacers are refusing to give Ryan Anderson room on the perimeter - Orlando Sentinel
- Dwight Howard Rumors: Orlando Magic Center Hasn't Asked for Trade, According to Report - Orlando Pinstriped Post
- West making mark for Pacers one year after tearing ACL | NBA.com
- Video: Glen Davis turns in strong internet performance during Game 3 loss | The Basketball Jones | Blogs | theScore.com
- Indiana Is Destroying Orlando in the Paint | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- Pacers players in late night confrontation - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN
- The Point Forward " Posts Bad news for Knicks: Miami’s on a tear "
- Seventeen international players declare for draft, you should care about a few | ProBasketballTalk