May 2, 2012; Orlando, FL, USA; Indiana Pacers center Roy Hibbert (55) blocks a shot attempt by Orlando Magic power forward Glen Davis (11) during the first quarter of game three in the Eastern Conference quarterfinals of the 2012 NBA Playoffs at the Amway Center. Mandatory Credit: Douglas Jones-US PRESSWIRE
Now that was fun.
A couple of days ago, I mentioned that the Pacers had plenty of room to improve and before the series ended we should expect Danny Granger to score in the mid-20's with four of six three pointers and Roy Hibbert to put up 18 and 12. Well, I was a little off but both starters came through in the Game 3. Grangers scored 26 and made five of nine three-point shots. Hibbert found his groove in the post with 18 points and 10 rebounds.
So the Pacers quickly snatched back home-court advantage for the series, although they looked more comfortable on the road last night. With one more game in Orlando they can kill the collective will of a Magic team that looked worn out by the fourth quarter last night. With two days offs, Orlando should be in good shape to make another run at the Pacers, but if Indiana executes like they did in Game 3 last night, it doesn't matter what the Magic do.
Check out the links after the jump.
- Box score: Pacers 97, Magic 74
- Rewind: Game 3 Pacers vs. Magic 120502 | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Pacers again establish they're tough on road | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Bob Kravitz: After Game 3 win over Magic, it’s the Pacers’ series now | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers starters stay on floor through most of first half | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers dominate the Magic in Orlando to take a 2-1 series lead - fox59.com
- Orlando Magic playoffs: Orlando Magic host the Indiana Pacers in Game 3 of their playoff series - Orlando Sentinel
- Magic Pacers playoff: Magic Pacers playoff series leaves Magic overmatched in height, as well as poise and patience - Orlando Sentinel
- NBA: Pacers Playoffs Notebook: Remembering ABA Legend Roger Brown - fox59.com
- 2012 NBA Playoffs, Pacers vs. Magic Game Three: Indiana Takes 2-1 Series Lead behind Danny Granger, Roy Hibbert - Orlando Pinstriped Post
- Pacers shoot past Magic to take 2-1 lead - AP
- Rob Hibbert feasting on Dwight Howard-less Orlando Magic as Indiana Pacers take command - Ian Thomsen - SI.com
- Pacers coach Frank Vogel wins with attitude - AP
- The Indiana Pacers want to protect your hands and their fire extinguishers | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
- Glen Davis Explains His Happy Dance, Needs To Be Interviewed More Often - From Our Editors - SBNation.com
- Pacers gain upper hand on Magic - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN
- Pacers: Blue and gold did it from start to finish | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- Pacers make this series look like we all expected, win Game 3 | ProBasketballTalk
- Post-Game Grades: Pacers Destroy Magic, Re-Gain Home-Court Advantage | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- Behind the Box Score, where the Clippers and Grizzlies nearly salvaged a terrible night of hoops | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
- Caught in the Web: As West steps forward, Hibbert thrives in new role | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Marry me, Indiana Pacers | The Basketball Jones | Blogs | theScore.com
- Sports Radio Interviews " Blog Archive " Tyler Hansbrough: "We don’t want it to go seven, we’d like to finish it early but they’re a deadly team"
- San Antonio Spurs, Indiana Pacers Both Post Blowout Wins to Take Control of Playoff Series - NBA - NESN.com
- Game 3's 10 Moments of Awesome - Indy Cornrows