The Indiana Pacers were simply overwhelmed in the second half of their Game 4 loss to the Miami Heat on Sunday by an epic performance from LeBron James supplemented by a monster second half from Dwyane Wade. The pair scored 70 points on 50 shots, the most points they've combined to post in a playoff game in the past two seasons.
If there is any good to be gleaned for the Pacers it's that LeBron's 40 points, 18 rebounds and 9 assists wouldn't have been enough to beat them. In fact, even throwing in Wade's 30 points, they still needed Udonis Haslem to rise to the occasion down the stretch and make some big mid-range shots.
I've heard more than once in the time since the game ended that Danny Granger's technical for jawing with Wade was what sparked the dynamic guard's second-half excellence. But according to Wade, he already had sparked his game just prior to the technical when he drained a tough, step-back three pointer with Paul George right in his face followed by LeBron finding him zooming along the baseline for a big dunk. Those two plays turned what had been a 1 for 8 shooting performance in the first half into a 3 for 10 effort as Wade eventually made 12 of his last 15 shots.
The Pacers made the Heat work for their big game and they have to continue to do so if they want to win this series. With only one day off between games now fatigue should be the Pacers' ally.
- Box score: Heat 101, Pacers 93
- Pacers vs. Heat Game 4 Reaction, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Paul George, David West - YouTube
- Rewind: Game 4 Pacers vs. Heat 120520 | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Pacers-Heat Game 4: Indiana misses opportunity to put Miami on the brink | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Bob Kravitz: Pacers melt before 70 points from Heat's LeBron James, Dwyane Wade | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers notebook: Darren Collison ignites Pacers in 2nd-quarter surge | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers stay upbeat after Game 4 loss, prepare for "Marathon" series - fox59.com
- Reserves make sure Miami Heat reclaims home court advantage - Miami Heat - MiamiHerald.com
- Miami Heat, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade take on Indiana Pacers, David West, Danny Granger, Roy Hibbert. - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
- Indiana Pacers’ bench can’t overcome James and Wade - Miami Heat - MiamiHerald.com
- James, Wade combine for 70 as Heat win Game 4 - AP
- Dwyane Wade and LeBron James carry Heat to big Game 4 victory - Peninsula is Mightier
- Heat Sheet: James, Wade regain control of series for Heat - Peninsula is Mightier
- Heat Two Much For Pacers, For Now " NBA.com | Hang Time Blog
- LeBron, Wade dominate Game 4 -- why don't they do it more often? - NBA - CBSSports.com News, Scores, Stats, Fantasy Advice
- LeBron James, Dwayne Wade help Miami Heat top Indiana Pacers - Chris Mannix - SI.com
- Heat's LeBron James picks critical time for one of his best playoff performances ever - Yahoo! Sports
- Behind the Box Score, where the Heat grabbed control behind LeBron James’ amazing afternoon | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
- Daily Dime - Super Duo's Performance Revives Heat - ESPN
- Pacers: No longer have the advantage | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- Post-Game Grades: Pacers Lose Pivotal Game 4 to Two Freight Trains, Squander Early Lead | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- Pacers: Howard-Stephenson Part 2 | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- 2012 NBA playoffs -- Miami Heat's Dwyane Wade had fluid drained from knee, sources say - ESPN
- Juwan Howard has verbal altercation with Lance Stephenson before Game 4 - Yahoo! Sports
- 2012 NBA Playoffs -- Juwan Howard of Miami Heat confronts Lance Stephenson of Indiana Pacers - ESPN