The Indiana Pacers played on edge and on point for most of Game 3 which helped them knock out the Miami Heat in the second half putting the fired-up Fieldhouse faithful in a full frenzy. Save for a rash of turnovers and bad shots late in the first quarter, the Pacers outworked, outwitted and outplayed the Heat.
Under the pressure applied by the Pacers, Miami just went away in the second half without much of a tussle. For some reason, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade were good with shooting jumpers, as opposed to forcing the action and getting the ball in the lane to draw some fouls. James made one of only three free throws on the night. Three.
One of those free throws by James came after a technical on Danny Granger for overreacting after LeBron took exception to a breakaway foul. James missed the tech free throw and then had the defining play of the night for the Heat.
Things were going the Pacers' way up until that point as they had pushed the lead to double digits. You had to figure Granger had just lit a fire under LeBron and he was going to go nuts. It looked that way too, when he took the ball for the next possession with Granger guarding him out top. James gave a couple of signature bunny hops with the dribble which usually indicates a release of greatness is in the offing. Surely he would try to take the ball and Granger to the hoop and at worst draw another foul while delivering a blow to Danny.
Nope. LeBron settled for a three, which he clanked, and the Heat went away with barely a whimper.
Check out the links after the jump, including video from the locker room. David West's reaction to a question about winning the series is priceless.
- Pacers react to beating Heat in Game 3 - YouTube
- Box score: Pacers 94, Heat 75
- Caught in the Web: Bird's moves the stuff of legend | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Pacers upset looking more believable now - Fox Sports Midwest
- Indiana Pacers are good as gold after second NBA playoff win over Miami Heat | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Bob Kravitz: Pacers ready to take down the vaunted, ailing Heat | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers notebook: George Hill recalls how rowdy Market Square Arena was | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers: It was an easy night for the blue and gold | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- Wade loses cool in Heat's 94-75 loss to Pacers - AP
- NBA: Pacers Playoffs Notebook: Hibbert's Gold Swagger, the Lebron face, and a 2-1 Pacers lead - fox59.com
- Pacers have strong second half to topple the Heat 95-74 in Game 3. - fox59.com
- Disastrous second half puts Miami in 2-1 hole - Peninsula is Mightier
- Dwyane Wade struggles as Miami Heat collapses against Indiana Pacers - Miami Heat - MiamiHerald.com
- Miami Heat is getting hot under the collar - Greg Cote - MiamiHerald.com
- Miami Heat, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade take on Indiana Pacers, David West, Danny Granger, Roy Hibbert. - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
- Dwyane Wade: Horrible night for Heat star in loss to Pacers - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
- Daily Dime - ESPN - Pacers Keep Heat In A World Of Hurt
- Wade reflects on nightmare outing - Heat Index Blog - ESPN
- Post-Game Grades: Pacers Destroy Heat in Game 3 to Take a 2-1 Series Lead | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- Lance Stephenson made a choking gesture at LeBron James (VIDEO) | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
- Lance Stephenson Might Not Want To Do This - From Our Editors - SBNation.com
- Video: Watch Roy Hibbert own Heat, lead Pacers to win | ProBasketballTalk
- Wade does Heat no favors with bad act, terrible game - NBA - CBSSports.com News, Scores, Stats, Fantasy Advice
- As Heat, other super teams show cracks, Spurs still rolling in playoffs - Yahoo! Sports
- Roy Hibbert, Indiana Pacers rout Miami Heat in Game 3 - Chris Mannix - SI.com
- Game 4 Preview: How Will Heat Respond? | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- INSIDE INDIANA BUSINESS: Pacers success revitalizing brand : The Times of Northwest Indiana
- Pacers give Heat "butt-kicking", Spurs clip LA - CNBC
- Pacers becoming locals' dream, NBA's biggest nightmare | 2012-05-17 | Indianapolis Business Journal | IBJ.com
- Miami Meltdown: Tempers Flare As Pacers Hammer Heat - SBNation.com
- On Dwyane Wade, Flagrant Rules And Whether Any Foul Is Truly Necessary - SBNation.com
- Pacers Relish Chance For ‘Mustard’ " NBA.com | Hang Time Blog