MIAMI, FL - MAY 13: Head Coach Frank Vogel (R) of the Indiana Pacers chats with the referee against the Miami Heat in Game One of the Eastern Conference Semifinals in the 2012 NBA Playoffs on May 13, 2012 at the American Airines Arena in Miami, Florida. the Heat defeated the Pacers 95-86. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Marc Serota/Getty Images)
Easier said than done but it must be done for the Pacers to haul home a W tonight. As Frank Vogel mentioned yesterday, there is no starting over from scratch, the team just has to do what they are capable of doing and do it well.
Pacers coach Frank Vogel said after Game 1 that he needed to get more creative with Granger. Asked what he came up with, Vogel said, joking, "I have about 20-25 new plays we're going to put in today. We think he can get free maybe on half of those."
Seriously, Vogel said, "You're limited, obviously, with what you can do. We got a couple of different looks. The plan was not for him to get 10 shots going in. We, in some ways, didn't execute."
Minimizing Miami's finishes at the rim is key and the absence of Chris Bosh should help. In Game 1 the Heat had 27 shots at the rim which was six more than the Pacers but they scored ten more points. Without Bosh, Roy Hibbert and David West need to lead the Pacers to at least evening up that aspect of the game.
Check out the links after the jump.
- Caught in the Web: "Decent" Performance Not Good Enough Against Miami | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Coach Shaw: Keep on Working | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Bob Kravitz: Pacers must take advantage of huge break (or strain) | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers don't believe loss of Heat's Chris Bosh gives them an advantage | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers notebook: Frank Vogel won't blame refs | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers-Heat Preview - AP
- Miami Heat, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh commentary from Ira Winderman - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
- Adversity will test the Miami Heat with Chris Bosh’s absence - Greg Cote - MiamiHerald.com
- Miami Heat’s Chris Bosh: ‘The season has to be extended for me to play again’ - Miami Heat - MiamiHerald.com
- Pacers need Granger to step up – USATODAY.com
- Miami Heat’s Udonis Haslem noticeably absent in recent fourth quarters - Miami Heat - MiamiHerald.com
- Ex-Boston Celtics great and current Indiana Pacers president holds Miami Heat's LeBron James in high esteem
- HEAT: Pacers Game 1: LeBron at Power Forward
- Thanks, Coach Vogel. Now what? - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN
- Pacers Hang With Heat, Lose Game 1 At Foul Line - RealGM Articles
- What does Bosh injury mean for Heat? - Peninsula is Mightier
- Chris Bosh and his HEAT teammates discuss the All-Star forward's abdominal strain and the affect it... - Peninsula is Mightier
- Hayward picked for USA select | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- NBA Teams: Does market size and media attention translate to success? - SLC Dunk