Apr 6, 2012; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Indiana Pacers guard Danny Granger (33) takes a shot against the Oklahoma City Thunder at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Indiana defeated Oklahoma City 103-98. Mandatory Credit: Brian Spurlock-US PRESSWIRE
With the way the Thunder can score in waves, looking up and seeing that the visitors had just 50 points with five minutes to play in the third quarter was somewhat stunning. Of course, it was at that point when the Pacers bounced a few three pointers and the Thunder began rallying to make things interesting in the fourth quarter.
No worries though, as the Pacers didn't fold and made just enough plays (and free throws) to close the deal. Kevin Durant was a monster and Russell Westbrook put up big numbers for the Thunder but the Pacers took turns throughout the game getting it done. Big fellas early, smaller fellas in the second quarter with Danny Granger keeping the lead alive throughout the fourth quarter.
Now they get another chance to play up to a challenge when the Boston Celtics invade Bankers Life Fieldhouse tonight. Should be another fun one at the Fieldhouse.
Check out the links and my thoughts following the game after the jump.
- Box score: Pacers 103, Thunder 98
- Rewind: Pacers vs. Thunder 120406 | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Check off anotherPacers add Thunder to list of wins over top teams | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Managing minutes | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Granger leads Pacers past Thunder - NBA - AP
- OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant's 44 points not enough as Thunder falls to Pacers | NewsOK.com
- Third-seeded Pacers look impressive in victory over the Thunder - fox59.com
- VIDEO: Kevin Durant Destroys Roy Hibbert With A Dunk - From Our Editors - SBNation.com
- Pacers: Where does Friday’s win rank for the Pacers this season? | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- Post-Game Grades: Pacers Steal Oklahoma City’s Thunder (Nobody’s Used This Headline, Right?) | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- Pacers 103, Thunder 98: The Thunder Can't Overcome a 24 Point Deficit, Lose Western Conference Lead (2011-2012 Game 55 Recap) - Welcome to Loud City
- NBA Preview - Boston Celtics at Indiana Pacers - Apr 07, 2012 - CBSSports.com
- Pacers Hope Winning Streak Will Boost Fan Attendance - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis