The Indiana Pacers were no doubt happy to get back to work on Sunday preparing to take on the Orlando Magic in Game 2 of their first round playoff series. The Pacers failed to close out the Magic in the final minutes of Game 1 but they actually struggled to gain any traction against Orlando throughout the game. After an early, double-digit lead evaporated things were a struggle. David West made that point yesterday, according to the Pacers.
"We can't say that we let this one slip away because we never had it. In my opinion, this next game is a must win."
I'm assuming West's teammates share his sense of urgency because the Pacers can't even consider going down to Orlando in an 0-2 hole. As it has been all year, execution is the key for the Pacers regardless of the opponent. If they do their stuff and do it well, they will win.
Check out the links after the jump.
- Pacers maintain they can correct Game 1 errors against Magic | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers notebook: Roy Hibbert improved shot-blocking by watching Dwight Howard | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Danny Granger working overtime to correct late mistakes in game one loss to Orlando - fox59.com
- 2012 NBA Playoffs, Pacers vs. Magic: Analysis and Trends from Game One - Orlando Pinstriped Post
- NBA Playoffs: In the heart of Indiana, Magic are NBA's version of "Hoosiers" - Orlando Sentinel
- Orlando Magic: The Orlando Magic will look to take a commanding 2-0 series edge against the Indiana Pacers in Game 2 on Monday - Orlando Sentinel
- The season’s adversity made Magic players stronger for the playoffs – Orlando Magic BasketBlog – Orlando Sentinel
- Becoming an Uptempo, Power Post Team | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- Indiana and Orlando: Game 1 Video Playbook | Hickory-High
- Indiana Pacers free tickets: Colts' star to give away hundreds of free Pacers' playoff tickets Monday - fox59.com