March 11, 2012; Orlando, FL, USA; Indiana Pacers small forward Danny Granger (33) shoots over Orlando Magic forward Earl Clark (3) and center Dwight Howard (12) during the third quarter of a game at Amway Center. The Magic defeated the Pacers 107-94. Mandatory Credit: Derick E. Hingle-US PRESSWIRE
I must say, I was quite pleased that the NBA threw the Indiana Pacers a bone with a favorable time on ESPN for Game 1 in their first round playoff series against the Orlando Magic. With the Magic mess and no Dwight Howard, the series relies on the Pacers for sex appeal and thanks to the NBA powers that be, no one outside of the local area without League Pass have actually seen the Pacers (which actually exposes some of the national experts that you know haven't seen the Pacers in April based on their analysis).
I also understand the fact that Games 2 and 3 are relegated to NBA TV during the week. I mean, God forbid the league try to gin up some interest in the Pacers to hype a possible second-round matchup against Miami or New York. But there is some good news with the NBA TV assignment because those games will also be broadcast on Fox Sports Indiana with the local crew calling the games.
It has to stink for Chris Denari, Quinn Buckner and Brooke Olzendam to call all of the games during the regular season and then suddenly become spectators in the playoffs. At least this gives them a chance to fully enjoy the playoff experience and also gives local fans without access to NBA TV the opportunity to watch the games.
Here's the full series schedule.
- Game 1 - Saturday April 28, Orlando at Indiana, 7 p.m., ESPN
- Game 2 - Monday April 30, Orlando at Indiana, 7:30 p.m.,Fox Sports Indiana and NBA TV
- Game 3 - Wednesday May 2, Indiana at Orlando, 7:30 p.m., Fox Sports Indiana and NBA TV
- Game 4 - Saturday May 5, Indiana at Orlando, 2 p.m., ESPN
- Game 5 (if necessary) - Tuesday May 8, Orlando at Indiana, TBD
- Game 6 (if necessary) - Friday May 11, Indiana at Orlando, TBD
- Game 7 (if necessary) - Sunday May 13, Orlando at Indiana, TBD