Apr 23, 2012; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Indiana Pacers coach Frank Vogel coaches on the sidelines during a game against the Detroit Pistons at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Indiana defeats Detroit 103-97. Mandatory Credit: Brian Spurlock-US PRESSWIRE
With the way the season ended for both teams, the Pacers will likely have to beat themselves to lose this series which is something they haven't done of late. The Magic are quite simply a mess. Dwight Howard is out after back surgery following a dramatic season of contract tension and coach killing. Hedo Turkoglu and Glen "Big Baby Davis are both dinged up heading into the first game. Oh, and their point guard and de facto team leader Jameer Nelson recently let it be known that he'll probably opt out of his contract after the season.
Nelson isn't necessarily trying to leave Orlando but the timing just seemed off after the team had to deal with similar questions about Dwight Howard for much of the year. So with all of that, many NBA observers have chimed in on the matchup in previews and almost across the board expect the Pacers to win the series in five games.
Sounds about right. Check out some of those previews after the jump.
- Ball Don’t Lie’s playoff predictions: Indiana Pacers vs. Orlando Magic | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
- Picking the Games for Round 1 of the 2012 NBA Playoffs | The Wages of Wins Journal
- No 3. Pacers vs. No. 6 Magic - Chris Mannix - SI.com
- These are the key factors that will decide the Pacers-Magic first-round playoff series
- NBA Playoff preview: Indiana vs. Orlando | ProBasketballTalk
- 2012 NBA Playoffs Preview: Indiana Pacers vs. Orlando Magic - CBSSports
- Magic vs. Pacers Preview | NBA.com