Apr 23, 2012; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Indiana Pacers forward Tyler Hansbrough (50) is fouled hard across his face by Detroit Pistons forward Austin Daye (5) at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Indiana defeats Detroit 103-97. Mandatory Credit: Brian Spurlock-US PRESSWIRE
Rest was a priority for the Indiana Pacers on Monday night as Frank Vogel sat three of his starters with an eye on the playoffs starting this weekend. The Pacers still played to win the game, utilizing a new starting lineup and different playing rotations that saw all eleven player that suited up get into the game, score and contribute to the win.
David West used his minutes to continue sharpening the edges of his playoff game while Paul George was able to spread his wings and lead the team down the stretch to close out the win. Plus, it was great to see Jeff Pendergraph be the recipient of high fives for his play after dishing out so many to his teammates throughout the year.
So now the Pacers play Chicago in the season finale and Vogel mentioned after the game that he will play it a little closer to normal. George Hill and Roy Hibbert are expected back in the starting lineup with only Danny Granger remaining in rest mode. But as they showed last night, regardless of which Pacers are on the floor, they will be trying to win the game.
Check out the links after the jump.
- Box score: Pacers 103, Pistons 97
- Rewind: Pacers vs. Pistons 120423 | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Pendergraph gets chance to play, helps Pacers win | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers: Vogel plans to go with his rotation (minus Granger) vs Chicago | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- Indiana 103, Detroit Pistons 97: Pistons stung by Pacers' B-team | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
- George leads Pacers past Pistons 103-97 - AP
- Kravitz: Remember The Brawl? Now comes The Elbow | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Kyrylo Fesenko recounts the time he was dunked on by his hero, Shaquille O’Neal | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
- Post-Game Grades: Indy JV Squad Beats Detroit | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- Pistons-Pacers Recap: Where no one really gave a crap - Detroit Bad Boys
- Collins fined, apologizes for outburst at ref
- Philadelphia 76ers clinch final Eastern Conference playoff berth, spoil Nets' finale in New Jersey - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN