April 16, 2012; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Indiana Pacers power forward David West (21) and center Roy Hibbert (55) react after a foul against the Minnesota Timberwolves at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Indiana defeated Minnesota 111-88. Mandatory credit: Michael Hickey-US PRESSWIRE
The Indiana Pacers cruised through their game on Monday night against the Minnesota Timberwolves which seemed like a perfect situation for point guard Darren Collison to start working back into game mode after missing four games with a groin injury.
D.C. gave it a go but his body didn't respond as hoped, so he will be back in street clothes when the team plays in Philadelphia tonight.
"He (Collison) doesn't have his explosiveness," said Frank Vogel following the game last nigh. "He felt like it was pulling on him the whole night and he didn't have the explosiveness to go by big guys in the pick-and-roll game. We're going to give it a few more days to see if we can get him 100 percent.
George Hill is having no problems filling in at the starting point guard spot, in fact the team is 5-0 in Hill's five starts. The win last night pushed the Pacers April record to a league-best 9-1.
Check out the links after the jump.
- Box score: Pacers 111, Timberwolves 88
- Pacers Keep Rolling, Crush Timberwolves - YouTube
- Rewind: Pacers vs. Timberwolves | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Pacers rip T-Wolves, own league's best record in April | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Over before it started: Pacers toy with Wolves in a runaway | StarTribune.com
- West leads Pacers past Timberwolves - AP
- All five starters hit double figures for the Pacers in impressive victory over the Timberwolves - fox59.com
- Pacers notebook: Darren Collison returns, tweaks injury | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Top 10 Plays of the Night: April 16 - YouTube
- Pacers: Collison returns but he’s putting his street clothes back on | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- The Definition of Defeatism - MIN @ IND 04/16 - Canis Hoopus
- Sweatin’ Bullets: Love isn’t in the Air (or on the floor) | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- Sliding Sixers trounced by shorthanded Magic
- Collins plays match game with Sixers lineup - philly.com
- Tonight in the NBA: Pacers look for home-court
- Delonte West Earned A Technical Foul For Giving Gordon Hayward A Wet Willie
- Dwayne Schintzius dead at age 43 - ESPN