April 11, 2012; Cleveland, OH, USA: Cleveland Cavaliers forward Tristan Thompson (13) goes up for a shot as Indiana Pacers center Roy Hibbert (55) defends during the game at Quicken Loans Arena. Mandatory Credit: Eric P. Mull-USPRESSWIRE
Consider this a dress rehearsal for the playoffs, giving the Pacers a chance to make adjustments between games against the same team. No doubt Frank Vogel will want his team to assert themselves better defensively and make the Cavs more uncomfortable when they are on offense. The Pacers were able to get away with doing that for the final few minutes of the game, but a more consistent effort throughout the full 48 minutes is preferred. It should also prevent the need to play and extra five minutes in order to win.
With a win tonight the Pacers officially clinch a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Nothing to celebrate at this point, but certainly something to appreciate after the struggles of the recent past.
Check out the links after the jump.
- Caught in the Web: Bird, Vogel merit strong consideration for awards | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Pacers: Hibbert doesn't need to shoot to be effective | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Hornets will have inside track to re-sign free agent Eric Gordon - Sam Amick - SI.com
- NBA Preview - Cleveland Cavaliers at Indiana Pacers - Apr 13, 2012 - CBSSports.com
- Cavaliers' Hudson, through good times and bad, has never lost confidence in his abilities | cleveland.com
- Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Draft Lottery Odds: Week 9 - Fear The Sword
- Report: David West sent Cavaliers mascot to hospital with 'punch' - CBSSports
- Bulls-Heat: Chicago Bulls bench strong in overcoming Miami Heat 96-86 - chicagotribune.com