The Indiana Pacers face the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday night while dealing with a minor injury to point guard Darren Collison which might keep him out of the lineup for the second game in a row.
The Pacers will get no sympathy from the Cavs, though as they have been dealing with a variety of injuries throughout the season and recently lost rookie phenom Kyrie Irving to a right shoulder injury.
Irving has missed the last four games with the shoulder injury including last night's game against Charlotte. He did participate in some of the team's practice on Monday so there was a hope he might return at some point this week. Big man Anderson Varejao has missed the last 30 games with a wrist injury and is reportedly inching closer to a return but did not play on Tuesday against Charlotte, as well.
Donald Sloan and Lester Hudson are filling in at point guard and Hudson, a former intriguing draft prospect now on a 10-day contract with the Cavs, hit Charlotte with 25 points off the bench last night, as the Cavs cruised past the Bobcats, 103-90.
As for the playoff race it was a mixed bag for the Pacers. Both the Knicks and Magic lost while the Celtics won at Miami. The two losses added a little cushion to help the Pacers with home court advantage. The Pacers need to hold serve tonight with a win while Boston and Atlanta battle it out in a big game. The C's could jump ahead in the race for home court with a win which would also help Indiana's cause for hanging onto the third seed.
Check out the links after the jump.
- Pacers' Vogel is in the hunt for Coach of Year | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Caught in the Web: Popular Barbosa has sudden impact with Pacers | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Lester Hudson scores 25 to lead Cleveland Cavaliers to 103-90 victory over Bobcats | cleveland.com
- Home wins have been few and far between this season: Mary Schmitt Boyer's post-game blog | cleveland.com
- Cavs could go after Gordon and Hibbert this summer
- Varejao, Irving ruled out for Tuesday's game against Bobcats - Cleveland Cavaliers - Ohio
- NBA Playoff Picture: Celtics Keep Creeping - From Our Editors - SBNation.com
- What makes Kawhi Leonard so good? - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN