CHICAGO, IL - MARCH 05: Joakim Noah #13 of the Chicago Bulls puts up a shot between A.J. Price #12 and Paul George #24 of the Indiana Pacers at the United Center on March 5, 2012 in Chicago, Illinois. The Bulls defeated the Pacers 92-72. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images)
The Pacers responded as they often do when things get frustrating at the offensive end, they stray from the plan, stop moving the ball and start shooting perimeter shots. Once the Bulls caught fire in the third quarter the Pacers exasperated things by making it easy on the Bulls to defend blue and gold. That's a recipe for a 20-point loss.
I wouldn't call this a season-altering loss. The Pacers play some outstanding defense in the first half, but hardly played their best game. The Pacers can beat the Bulls when they play well and execute, as Frank Vogel mentioned after the game. In the end, they did neither last night.
After winning six straight, the Pacers have to avoid slipping into a funk as they did earlier in the season and continue playing poorly for long stretches. That will be tested tonight when the Pacers meet Atlanta at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
Check out the links after the jump.
- Box score: Bulls 92, Pacers 72
- PACERS: Rewind: Pacers vs.Bulls 120305
- Pacers learn road to top is quite long against Bulls | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers notebook: Vogel seeks intensity on a consistent basis | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Chicago Bulls beat Indiana Pacers 92-72 - chicagotribune.com
- Bulls blow away Pacers in second half - NBA - AP
- The Pacers were blown out in the Windy City | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- Post-Game Grades: Bulls Give Pacers the Bizness | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- Bulls walk the walk, demolish rival Pacers
- Keith Smart gets contract extension to stay as Kings’ coach | ProBasketballTalk
- Bulls win seventh straight, but Rip Hamilton injured again - Chicago Sun-Times
- Atlanta Hawks Plagued By Injuries This Week, Joe Johnson Doubtful At Indiana Pacers - SB Nation Atlanta
- NBA Preview - Atlanta Hawks at Indiana Pacers - Mar 06, 2012 - CBSSports.com