After the Pacers beat the Bulls at the UC earlier in the season, Derrick Rose whined about the level of celebration the Pacers displayed after they downed their nemesis. Rose is in the mood to avenge earlier transgressions as he did Sunday night by carrying Chicago to a win over the Philadelphia 76ers.
"When people talk about celebration I just feel like, 'You're not going to out-celebrate me.' Roy Hibbert cannot out-celebrate me. So if they want to see some celebration when we win, I can show them some celebration ... I know how to celebrate."
Umm, we know Joakim. What made Rose's comments after the first game so funny was the big pink Noah standing in the corner. The guy celebrates taking a charge with more vigor than the Pacers showed after their win in Chicago.
The UC should be hyped up as both teams should be ready to pump up the intensity, and the Pacers look forward to a chance to compete with the top team in the East. As Mike Wells reports, Danny Granger isn't bothered by any comments from Rose or Noah and doesn't see it changing anything.
"I'm sure he remembers because we remember it," Granger said. "We never back down from anything. We're division rivals, so it's going to be a hard-fought game one way or another. We like the challenge. We've never backed down from a challenge."
Yep, it's on tonight. This should be fun. Check out the links after the jump.
- PACERS: Countdown to Tipoff: Pacers vs. Bulls 120305
- Time to reveal Pacers' true identity | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- It should be a playoff-type atmosphere at the United Center on Monday | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- Rose ready to make Pacers pay next - Chicago Bulls Blog - ESPN Chicago
- Bulls get revenge, hold off Sixers for sixth straight win
- Chicago Bulls: Bulls lead NBA in assists - chicagotribune.com
- Step away from the Trail Blazers, people. It’s about to blow. | ProBasketballTalk