March 14, 2012; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Indiana Pacers shooting guard George Hill (3) motions to teammates against the Philadelphia 76ers at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Indiana defeated Philadelphia 111-94. Mandatory credit: Michael Hickey-US PRESSWIRE
The Indiana Pacers begin their "Texas two step" on Saturday night when they face the San Antonio Spurs at the Alamo Dome. It would've been fitting to play this one at the old Reunion Arena with George Hill going back to the birth of his NBA career and a place he considers his second home. Really a shame that former Pacers guard T.J. Ford will not be around to share in the reunion from the Spurs side.
Ford was forced to retire due to injury which is the bad news. The good news is that he is healthy and enjoying his family while mapping out ways to stay close to the game of basketball.
Check out the links after the jump, including more on Ford from Mike Wells. Also, the Boston Celtics slipped past the Philadelphia 76ers to take over the top spot in the Atlantic Division. The C's would be the Pacers first-round playoff opponent if the playoffs started today.
- Caught in the Web: Stretch run no sprint for Pacers | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Ex-Pacer Ford puts healthy life above basketball career | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers Update As They Head To Texas - YouTube
- Spurs Nation " New team, same results for ex-Spurs guard Hill
- Spurs Schedule Analysis: The Stretch Run - Pounding The Rock
- Spurs Nation " Leonard recalls short time with Pacers
- Breaking Down a Breakdown: Danny Granger’s Airball Leads to Jordan Crawford’s And One
- Boston Celtics vs. Minnesota Timberwolves - Recap - March 30, 2012 - ESPN