March 26, 2012; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Miami Heat small forward LeBron James (6) is hit in the face from Indiana Pacers shooting guard Dahntay Jones (1) at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Indiana defeated Miami 105-90. Mandatory credit: Michael Hickey-US PRESSWIRE
The Indiana Pacers put together another strong performance (which always seems to happen when they where the blue throwbacks) by putting away the Miami Heat in the second half for a drama-free, 15-point win.
It was a fitting way to end an emotional evening in which Jeff Foster officially announced his retirement at the side of Larry Bird (announcement video) and then was recognized in front of a near capacity crowd. Also perfect was a key play in the fourth quarter when Miami was trying to mount a rally and build some momentum for a comeback. After a missed shot by the Pacers, David West came up with another Fosterian tap out rebound to save the possession. Not only did West save the possession but the ball went to Danny Granger, hitting him in stride to step into a rhythm three-point shot which he made. Crisis averted.
Plenty of links today after the jump, including Bob Kravitz wondering why more fans to fill up the Fieldhouse for this Pacers teams that deserves a better home court advantage. The fans that have been showing up of late have been great but the mid-week games have been brutal. Kravitz mentions the cost but I'd throw that out since the Pacers offer so many discounted tickets and discounts on really good seats, not to mention the secondary ticket market where you can find plenty of inexpensive tickets. Just keep winning.
- Box score: Pacers 105, Heat 90
- Rewind: Pacers vs. Heat 120326 | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Caught in the Web: Sentimental about past, Foster ready for future | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Pacers rout Heat: On 4th try, big win scored over one of league's top teams | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers are beating the top teams; so where are the fans? | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Granger scores 25 as Pacers beat Heat 105-90 - NBA - AP
- Pacers notebook: Retired center Jeff Foster facing back surgery | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Signature plays give Pacers signature victory over Heat - fox59.com
- Miami Heat hits bumpy road, loses to Indiana Pacers - Miami Heat - MiamiHerald.com
- Miami Heat, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh commentary from Ira Winderman - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
- Foster ends 13-year run like Bird - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN
- Post-Game Grades: Pacers Wallop Heat | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- Granger Calls Foster "Best Teammate I’ve Had" in Indiana | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- The Pacers beat the Heat – and it wasn’t even close | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- Heat Lose Second Straight to Pacers 105-90 - Peninsula is Mightier
- The 10-man rotation, starring more tests for Amar’e Stoudemire | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports