The Cornrows fam begins Spring Break today and while getting ready last night it looked like the Pacers were going to send us out on the road in a salty mood. Only 31 first-half points against the Wizards?
The mood shifted in a hurry thanks to some big-time little things done by the Pacers in the final 65 seconds of the game. Three tap-out offensive rebounds by David West and a steal of an inbounds pass by Darren Collison made up for a multitude of past sins earlier in the game that had the Pacers playing from behind all night. You couldn't see those tap-out rebounds by West without thinking that somewhere Jeff Foster was smiling.
Then Paul George put aside a frustrating game to knock down a big three-ball (this was not a little thing) and then hound John Wall on the Wizards' final possession. PG tweeted his frustration (and then deleted it) after the game which had to do with not getting the foul calls he felt he deserves but the no, no, no...great shot made it all good.
In the game thread post I mentioned that it would be nice for the starters to carry the team to a win after the bench had been so huge in the Pacers' last two W's. Well, that's exactly what happened, although I wasn't expecting the bench to offer little to no help. This team might really be good if the starters and bench sync up on the same night.
Maybe that will be tonight when the Pacers play the Phoenix Suns at the Fieldhouse in the second of three games on consecutive nights.
Check out the links after the jump.
- Box score: Pacers 85, Wizards 83
- Rewind: Pacers vs. Wizards 120322 | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- 2 late shots seal Pacers' come-from-behind victory over Wizards | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Fesenko signs for rest of season | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Caught in the Web: Foster one of all-time great professionals | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Pacers Crate with David Morway | video | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Pacers rally from 22 down to beat Wizards, 85-83 - NBA - AP
- Wizards vs. Pacers: Washington blows 20-point halftime lead in Nene’s home debut - The Washington Post
- Pacers Vs. Wizards Final Score: Washington Somehow Loses, 85-83 - Bullets Forever
- Pacers to sign Fesenko | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- Tweet of the Day: Roy Hibbert
- Post-Game Grades: Sadly, the Pacers Need a Valiant, Near-Miraculous Comeback to Beat the Wizards. It Was Fun Though | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- Report: Kyrylo Fesenko to sign with Pacers for rest of season | ProBasketballTalk
- Indiana Pacers to ink Kyrylo Fesenko for rest of year, sources say - ESPN
- Suns hope to end road trip on a high note at Pacers, Cavaliers
- NBA Preview - Phoenix Suns at Indiana Pacers - Mar 23, 2012 - CBSSports.com
- Farewell to Lacy Banks - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN