The Indiana Pacers took care of all facets of the game last night to put away the Philadelphia 76ers. The two teams could very well meet in the first round of the playoffs and if last night was any indicator, the series would be fabulous.
Both teams played at a high level, especially in the first half. Transition buckets were hard to come by and both half-court offenses executed through pressure to get shots and make many of them. Then on missed shots, the defense was stingy in giving up second-chance buckets. The Sixers aren't a great offensive rebounding team but still, the Pacers held them to just five ORebs for the whole game, and two of those came on the same possession, which of course ended with a Philly score at the rim.
The Pacers benefited from good solid nights from the players they need good solid nights from to be a really good team. George Hill, of course, but also Tyler Hansbrough, Roy Hibbert, David West, Lou Amundson, A.J. Price. None had an extraordinary night but all did what they can do to help the Pacers and by doing it in concert with one another, the final outcome produced some sweet winning music.
Check out the links after the jump.
- Box score: Pacers 111, 76ers 94
- PACERS: Rewind: Pacers vs. Sixers 120314
- Indiana Pacers tromp Philadelphia 76ers, whip fieldhouse crowd into frenzy | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers have flexibility as trade deadline looms | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Granger scores 20 as Pacers beat 76ers 111-94 - NBA - AP
- Loss to Pacers spoils return of Sixers' Hawes
- Pacers Catch Fire, Burn Sixers - Liberty Ballers
- NBA: Pacers get impressive 111-94 victory over Philadelphia - fox59.com
- Pacers ready to move on to the next level
- Leaving Hill on the bench is the right move for now | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- Dwight Howard changes course again: I'm staying - NBA - Yahoo! Sports