Mar 10, 2012; Washington, DC, USA; Portland Trail Blazers guard Jamal Crawford (11) shoots a jump shot over Washington Wizards power forward Kevin Seraphin (13) during the second half at the Verizon Center. The Trail Blazers defeated the Wizards 110 - 99. Mandatory Credit: Brad Mills-US PRESSWIRE
The Indiana Pacers return home to play the Portland Trail Blazers on Tuesday night looking to snap a disappointing four-game losing streak and bounce back from a dispirited performance in Orlando. Simple pride should be enough to motivate the Pacers to bring a strong effort tonight after looking at the mess they left in Orlando.
Waaayyy back before the current four-game losing streak (nine whole days) altered the mood around the Fieldhouse, the Pacers were coming off of a six-game winning streak and facing a difficult nine-game stretch against playoff caliber teams.
Or so it appeared.
Now the New York Knicks have lost six-straight games and while they remain in playoff contention, the Knicks are now six games under .500 and tied with Milwaukee for the 8th spot in the East. The Trail Blazers have been struggling as well, dealing with trade rumors and struggling on offense to go 2-4 in their last six games.
Portland still has plenty of potent players if you catch them on the wrong night and which may be tonight. The Blazers will be playing the fourth game of a seven-game road trip, but they have had two full days off to prepare for the Pacers. Should be a good game tonight with no lack of motivation for either team.
Check out the links after the jump.
- PACERS: Caught in the Web Indiana Pacers blog: George's progress gives Pacers cause for optimism
- Hibbert not playing up to All-Star level | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- T.J. Ford announces his retirement on Twitter | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
- Portland Trail Blazers vs. Indiana Pacers Preview - Blazer's Edge
- 2012 NBA trade talk rumors Dwight Howard Pau Gasol - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN
- Celts’ Big 3 on the trading block - NYPOST.com
- Howard remains biggest chip on table as trade deadline nears | NBA.com
- Ken Berger - CBSSports.com Trade Deadline Update