March 11, 2012; Orlando, FL, USA; Indiana Pacers center Roy Hibbert (55) is defended by Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard (12) and power forward Ryan Anderson (33) during the first quarter of a game at Amway Center. Mandatory Credit: Derick E. Hingle-US PRESSWIRE
The NBA is no joke, people. If you aren't ready to play prepare to be embarrassed.
That's what happened to the Indiana Pacers on Sunday night when they showed up in Orlando and were quickly shown up by the Magic. Dwight Howard and friends didn't care that the Pacers were suffering from a hoops "hangover" after a disappointing loss in Miami or that they had to turn around and play the Magic the next night after daylight savings swiped an extra hour to prepare.
The Magic just cared about beating down the Pacers and taking advantage of every advantage presented them at home. The best part of the game came in the post-game locker room where David West laid out the truth for all to digest, as Mike Wells reported.
"We have to decide what type of team we want to be," West said. "(Do) we want to be an average team that beats the bad teams and teams that have already cashed it in for the season, or do you want to be able to compete with the top six teams in the Eastern Conference?"
West also highlighted things the Pacers are doing that good teams don't do. Sure West was frustrated after what was probably his worst game of the season and I don't think he was deflecting his culpability in the situation. But he also has no interest in his teammates getting comfortable with the current situation. It is past time for some leaders to agitate this team so those comments ended up being the highlight of a frustrating weekend.
Check out the links after the jump.
- Box score: Magic 107, Pacers 94
- PACERS: Rewind: Pacers vs. Magic 120311
- Pacers' poor defense helps Magic win | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers notebook: George offers lone bright spot | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Orlando Magic: Orlando Magic face Indiana Pacers at Amway Center - OrlandoSentinel.com
- Howard scores 30 as Magic get past Pacers 107-94 - NBA - AP
- Magic 107, Pacers 94: Orlando Jumps on Indy, Cruises to Victory as Dwight Howard, J.J. Redick Shine - Orlando Pinstriped Post
- Post-Game Grades: Magic Destroy Pacers | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- Not a memorable visit to the home of Mickey Mouse for the Pacers | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- Following Vogel: Pacers drop three straight - pressofAtlanticCity.com: Sixers/NBA
- Spoelstra: Miami Heat now ‘showing much more patience and trust’ - Miami Heat - MiamiHerald.com