The Indiana Pacers were back at work on Monday prepping for the season to resume after the All-Star break. After practice Paul George talked to the media about his appearance in the slam dunk contest in which he came up short to Jeremy Evans.
I realize I'm not objective in my view on this but I don't see how anyone could objectively look at the three total dunks by all the participants and not think PG won. But since it was left up to fan voting, Evans earned the nod with his sweet two-ball dunk while jumping over Gordon Hayward. Needless to say, PG was none too happy with the result.
"(Not to) take nothing away from the dunk contest, (but) it was a joke," George said. "I guess whoever had the biggest celebrity involved in their dunk was going to be the winner. I guess I should have tried to reach out to some people.
"If you leave it up to fans, they probably wouldn't have known who Larry was. I think I was destined to lose it."
Frank Vogel's daughter breaks it down best, but whatevs. I kind of like the little chip PG has on his shoulder over whole thing. No worries about basking in the limelight, now he's motivated to put it behind him and get back to playing ball. He'll do that tonight when the Pacers host the Golden State Warriors.
Check out the links after the jump.
- George calls dunk competition a "joke" and thinks league’s star players should take part | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- Pacers' Paul George and Roy Hibbert discuss their All-Star experiences - fox59.com
- Pacers have concerns entering second half of season | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- NBA Preview - Golden State Warriors at Indiana Pacers - Feb 28, 2012 - CBSSports.com
- 2011-2012 Golden State Warriors Midterm Report Cards: Front Office + Coach Mark Jackson (Part 1 of 3) - Golden State Of Mind
- NBA second-half outlook – USATODAY.com
- SB Nation YouTube Channel: Subscribe Now! - From Our Editors - SBNation.com
- Sacramento Kings strike arena deal to stay in city - ESPN