ORLANDO, FL - FEBRUARY 24: Paul George #24 of the Indiana Pacers and Team Chuck dunks during the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge part of the 2012 NBA All-Star Weekend at Amway Center on February 24, 2012 in Orlando, Florida. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images)
The Pacers owned Friday afternoon with Mel Daniels getting the nod for the Hall of Fame and Reggie Miller selected as the most likely of 12 candidates for election to the Hall. Then Friday night, current Pacers guard Paul George scored the first bucket of the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge dunking home a lob pass from the game's eventual MVP, Kyrie Irving.
PG had a few other highlights during the game and then after received some rave reviews about his actual NBA game from Charles Barkley on TNT's post-game show. Tonight PG will put the Pacers and himself in the spotlight as one of only four contestants in the Sprite Slam Dunk Competition. Then on Sunday, big Roy Hibbert will represent the Pacers and take part in the main NBA All-Star game.
Not a bad weekend for the blue and gold with plenty of storylines from Orlando to choose from. Too bad the local media didn't bother to cover it, save for WISH-TV. I guess I can't blame them. You never know when a story about someone who talked to a receiver about Peyton Manning throwing the ball an extra five yards will break.
Check out the links after the jump.
- George has big plans for Slam Dunk Contest - WISH-TV
- A big honor for big Mel | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- NBA All-Star Game: Roy Hibbert’s journey from project to masterpiece - The Washington Post
- Reggie Miller leads Hall of Fame Finalists - CBSSports.com
- Reggie Miller, Don Nelson top 2012 Basketball Hall of Fame finalists - NBA - SI.com
- Reggie Miller, Don Nelson, and Bernard King among 2012 Hall of Fame candidates | ProBasketballTalk
- Reliving The Best (And Worst) Dunk Contests From All-Star Weekend History - SBNation.com
- Rising Stars Challenge, Starring Blake Griffin And Jeremy Lin, Opens 2012 NBA All-Star Weekend - SBNation.com
- NBA to permanently increase roster size from 12 to 13
- NBA’s Rising Stars know exhibition drill, put on dunk fest | ProBasketballTalk
- The Point Forward " Posts On the scene at ’12 All-Star Media Day "
- Irving leads Team Chuck to Rising Stars game win - NBA - AP
- Video: Ricky Rubio nutmegs DeMarcus Cousins | The Basketball Jones | Blogs | theScore.com