Prior to last night's opening tip, Roy Hibbert and Paul George addressed the Indiana Pacers crowd thanking them for their support which helped propel each into their respective roles for All-Star weekend in Orlando. Then both players went out and played like All-Stars, no doubt fueled by the excitement that lies ahead in Orlando.
Here's a replay of PG's game-capping dunk and Hibbert's reaction following the game (thanks Magic Rat).
Hibbert played his first game in a month without the protective face mask he had to wear after breaking his nose against the Los Angeles Lakers. He was never a fan of the mask and after posting a career-high 30 points with 13 rebounds I think it is safe to say Roy will not be using the mask as a security blanket a la Rip Hamilton.
Check out the links after the jump.
- Box score: Pacers 117, Hornets 108
- PACERS: Rewind: Pacers vs. Hornets 120221
- Letdown? It's not even an option for Pacers | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Hibbert leads Pacers past Hornets 117-108 in OT - NBA - AP
- Pacers notebook: Hometown intrigues New Orleans' Gordon | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- New Orleans Hornets hang with Indiana for 4 quarters before going cold in overtime | NOLA.com
- New Orleans Hornets guard Eric Gordon says he had cartilage damage in his right knee | NOLA.com
- West, Pacers welcome Hornets to Indy - FOX23 News
- Paul George Windmill Dunk | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- Heat, Hibbert among night's best - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN
- Hornets Struggle in Overtime, Fall to Pacers | New Orleans Hornets | Hornets247.com
- Wednesday: Indiana Pacers at Charlotte Bobcats - Bobcats/NBA - NewsObserver.com
- Heat, Spurs, Timberwolves get high marks in NBA midseason grades - Britt Robson - SI.com