The Indiana Pacers enjoyed a rare treat during the NBA season when everything clicked as planned and they buried the Charlotte Bobcats on Sunday evening. The team was so on point that they only allowed the Bobcats two points in the first nine minutes of the game while running out to a 21-2 lead, yet after those two points were scored, Frank Vogel quickly called a timeout to admonish his team's defensive lapse in allowing the Bobcats' back-cut bucket.
Apparently that level of intensity was set on Saturday in a practice for the ages, at least if you believe the post-game comments from both Vogel and several players which are plentiful in the links today. Vogel and staff had a rested crew on Saturday ready to get down and dirty at the defensive end and it carried over into Sunday's game. While watching a replay last night, I had to chuckle at how much meat the Pacers left on the bone at the offensive end, especially in the first half, with missed open looks and a few turnovers.
But there's no room to complain when this team thrives on defense and they absolutely brought the D to bear against the Bobcats. Too bad they couldn't bank some of that 35-point winning margin for the rematch in Charlotte on Wednesday.
Check out the links after the jump.
- Box score: Pacers 108, Bobcats 73
- PACERS: Rewind: Pacers vs. Bobcats 120219
- Pacers get a chance to relax in rout of Bobcats | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Hill nears return to court | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Hibbert leads Pacers to 108-73 win over Bobcats - NBA - AP
- Hibbert's 18 points help the Pacers beat the Bobcats 108-73 - fox59.com
- PACERS VIDEO: Postgame@ West
- PACERS VIDEO: Postgame@ Vogel
- PACERS VIDEO: Postgame@ Granger
- PACERS VIDEO: Post Game: George
- A change in the lineup once Hill returns? | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- Bobcats Crushed by Pacers 108-73 - Rufus on Fire
- Post-Game Grades: Pacers Destroy the Worst Team in the NBA (the Bobcats) | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- Sports Q&A: Reggie Miller - latimes.com
- Bad Box Scores: Oh No, Charlotte Bobcats - From Our Editors - SBNation.com