The aesthetic beauty of an NBA win is vastly overrated and after losing five consecutive games the Indiana Pacers were more than happy to notch a win over the New Jersey Nets that had a great personality but wasn't much to look at otherwise.
After a sluggish start, the Pacers returned to a formula that has worked in their favor for several wins this season, improving at the defensive end while having bursts of solid offense among an overall inefficient night. Paul George made life difficult for Deron Williams in the second half which allowed the Pacers to gin of some offense and Danny Granger led the way, scoring half of his 32 points to finish off the Nets and hold on for the win.
Mike Wells reports today that the Pacers came together to work through some internal issues and now this win allows them a chance to exhale, get back to work and continue building up with a few more winnable games before the All-Star break.
Check out Mike's story and plenty more in the links after the jump.+
- Box score: Pacers 93, Nets 88
- PACERS: Rewind: Pacers vs. Nets120216
- Skid ended: Win is far from pretty, but Pacers clip Nets | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Nets will soon see return of Brook Lopez but it may be too late after another loss | NJ.com
- Bob Kravitz: Forget message board pundits: Granger's doing his scoring here | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers notebook: George says he'll have unique dunk for contest | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- It was time to have a talk | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- Granger scores 33 as Pacers drop Nets 93-88 - fox59.com
- Pacers end 5-game skid with 93-88 win over Nets - NBA - AP
- Losing Streak Hits Eight As Nets Lose to Pacers For Third Time - NetsDaily
- Post-Game Grades: Pacers Finally Win | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- Rising Stars Challenge: Paul George Selected By Charles Barkley - SB Nation Indiana
- PACERS: Caught in the Web Indiana Pacers blog: Regaining defensive edge key to busting slump
- NJ Nets hang tough against Indiana Pacers, but wilt down the stretch in loss as Danny Granger scores 32 points - NY Daily News
- Paul George (and Jeremy Lin, essentially) will highlight this year’s Dunk Contest | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports