Regardless of how viable the arguments, none of the analysis of all-star snubs will change the fact the Roy Hibbert will play in the NBA All-Star game. It remains remarkable and fun all at the same time. In fact, Hibbert himself captured the moment perfectly on Twitter.
Wow!!!— Roy Hibbert (@Hoya2aPacer) February 10, 2012
Larry Bird was equally excited and even sounds like he has no concerns with bringing back Hibbert who will be a restricted free agent this summer.
"Obviously, I'm happy for Roy," said Pacers President of Basketball Operations Larry Bird. "He's a guy who has put in the hours and the work to make himself a better player and help make us a better team, which has helped us become a winning team. Being an All-Star not only means you are recognized as one of the best, but it carries meaning for the franchise and your teammates. It's an important designation and I'm sure Roy will handle it in the right way. I look forward to Roy being a Pacer for a long time."
Hibbert's All-Star status will be tested immediately when the Indiana Pacers face the Memphis Grizzlies. The Grizz will throw Marc Gasol at the Pacers and Hibbert in a game of dueling all-star reserve centers. Of course, speaking of snubs, the key to the game may be the performance of dueling forwards since both Rudy Gay and Danny Granger have been playing at an all-star level of late.
Check out the links after the jump.
- PACERS: Roy Hibbert All-Star Release
- PACERS: Caught in the Web Indiana Pacers blog: All-Star selection signals arrival for Hibbert, return for Pacers
- Pacers face fatigue-inducing schedule | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers notebook: Hibbert named East All-Star reserve | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers Roy Hibbert named an All-Star for the first time - fox59.com
- The Grizzlies and Pacers Have All-Star Centers, Dinosaurs - Straight Outta Vancouver
- Grizzlies center Mar Gasol named NBA all-star reserve - Memphis Commercial-Appeal
- Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Indiana Pacers - Ronald Tillery
- NBA Scores & More: Lakers Survive Against Celtics, Kings Pull Huge Upset Over Thunder - SBNation.com
- Judging the choices for the Eastern Conference All-Star team reserves | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
- Judging the choices for the Western Conference All-Star team reserves | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
- All-Star reserves picked. Anderson Varejao, Ray Allen lead list of notable snubs.
- Dirk, Pierce All-Stars; runs end for KG, Duncan - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
- Video: Boston works in a half-court football snap after winning the tip | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports