Teams didn't begin playing on New Year's Eve since 2000, and the Pacers didn't start their "party" since 2001.
- 2001: Jalen Rose put up 21 points in a 89-87 loss to Miami. It was Miami's sixth win of the season led by Eddie Jones's 29 points. Rod Strickland and Jim Jackson each had double-doubles for the Heat. The loss put Indiana to 18-15 as they headed to 2002.
- 2002: Reggie Miller's 17 second half points led the Pacers past the Hornets 89-86. Brad Miller had 20 points and 10 rebounds. After winning their first 11 games at home, the Pacers handed the Hornets their third straight in the Bayou. The win for the Pacers was their 23rd.
- 2007: Gerald Wallace scored 10 points in overtime to send the Pacers back to Indianapolis with a 107-103 loss. He would end up having 36 points on the night. Indiana had the lead during the majority of the second half, but watched it slip via a tip-in by Emeka Okafor. Jermaine O' Neal had a double-double with 20 points and 13 rebounds. The Pacers fell to 15-17 on the season.
- 2010: Paul George came off the bench to find significant minutes in a 95-86 win over the Wizards. Darren Collison and Danny Granger led the Pacers with 18 points in a good shooting night for the Pacers with 48 percent. The win broke a three-game winning streak.
- 2011: Detroit didn't want to go into 2012 without a win, and unfortunately for Indiana, Detroit found it in a 96-88 game that handed Indiana their first loss in a shortened season. Jonas Jerebko led the way for the Pistons with 20 points and 12 rebounds. Darren Collison led Indiana with 15 points. Indiana only had 36 rebounds on the night.
- 2012: Indiana played their third straight game on NYE, and found themselves on the right side of the box score with a 88-83 defensive battle. Neither team shot over 40 percent as the game featured the top two defensive teams in the NBA. Paul George had 21 points.
Happy New Year from all of us at Indy Cornrows!