On this date in 2009, Dwayne Wade scored 25 points against Indiana. - Steve Mitchell-US PRESSWIRE
The Pacers have played 17 games in their NBA existence on December 27. The interesting list includes Michael Jordan dropping 44 points on the Pacers while Chuck Persons has the all-date high with 32 points for the Pacers in 1988. With the Pacers off today, here is the full history of Indiana's games on this date.
- In the 1977-'78 season, the Pacers played against the Spurs and lost 96-89. At the time, the loss put the Pacers to a 13-16 record in their second season as an NBA franchise. Earl Tatum led the way with 20 points followed closely by Ricky Sobers with 18 points. San Antonio was the highest scoring team in the NBA.
- Despite scoring 34 points in the fourth quarter on this date in 1978, the Pacers once again lost. This time, it was the Sixers who beat Indiana by a final of 122-110. Center James Edwards scored a team-high 23 points while Philly's Doug Collins scored a game-high 25.
- The Pacers played on this date next in 1980, again on the road, in San Diego to face the Clippers. The Pacers allowed 40 points in the second quarter in a 121-109 loss that saw Mike Bantom leading the team with 20 points.
- Indiana won their seventh game of the 1983-'84 season at Market Square Arena in front of just over 11,000 fans against the Bucks, 115-104. Herb Williams produced a double-double that night with 15 points and 11 rebounds.
- Michael Jordan dropped 44 points on the Pacers on this date in 1986 in a 105-93 loss. Chuck Person and Steve Stipanovich combined for 45 points for the 13-15 Pacers while the Bulls climbed to 14-13. Jordan went 20-for-29 on the night.
- Chuck Person's 32 points and 12 rebounds weren't enough for the Pacers (5-20) in 1988 in a 120-107 loss to the Bucks. It was the team's sixth straight loss. Terry Cummings had 29 points for Milwaukee.
- The 1989 game for the Pacers was one that embodied a roller-coaster, but came out on top against the Magic 106-101. All five Pacers starters found themselves in double digit points led by Rik Smits with 23 points followed by Reggie Miller with 22. The win gave Indiana their 17th of the young season. Reggie Theus had a game-high 30 points for Orlando.
- It wasn't until 1994 until the Pacers hit the court on this date, and it turned out to be another win for the Pacers as they defeated the Nuggets, 95-91. Rik Smits dropped 33 points in 38 minutes for Indiana. It was the team's 16th win.
- New Jersey took care of Indiana in 1996 in a even-keeled start for the then-16-16 Pacers. Kendall Gill put up 31 points for the Nets, who found their seventh win on this date.
- Indiana started out their 1999 game against the Bulls with a 34-point first quarter propelling them to a 103-91 win. Ron Artest and Elton Brand each scored a game-high 22 points for the 2-23 Bulls while Dale Davis led the way in the Pacers' 18th win of the season.
- That next year, Indiana started out slow and cold as they lost to the Heat, 91-79. Jalen Rose had a team-high 13 points.
- Rose also led the way in 2001 with 26 points in a 108-81 win. Tyronn Lue came off the bench for the Wizards to lead them with 23 points. M.J. had six points.
- The Pacers won in 2002 on Dec. 27 with a 113-89 win over Cleveland. Artest and Al Harrington each led Indiana with 23 points. Brad Miller had himself a double-double with 10 points and 11 rebounds. The Pacers moved to 21-8 with the win.
- Indiana lost to New Jersey 82-75 in 2003. Jermaine O'Neal and Reggie Miller led the way with 13 points apiece as far as starters go, but Harrington led the entire group with 22 points. The loss was the team's 10th of the season.
- Indiana found the century mark in 2004 against the Hornets in a 100-82 win. Miller led the way for the Pacers with 24 points in win number 13.
- Indiana traveled to San Antonio in 2005 and fell to the Spurs, 99-86. The loss put the Pacers in a three-game losing streak despite seeing O'Neal lead the way with 26 points.
- Dwyane Wade put up 25 points for the Heat in 2009 in a 114-80 loss in Miami. Troy Murphy led the Pacers with 16 points.