The Indiana Pacers used a balanced attack and a strong second half, with six players in double figures including all five starters, to take care of business against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Friday night.
This morning the Pacers jet off to New Orleans for a game against the Hornets before getting a chance to rest around Christmas day with three full days off. Before the rest they need to focus on finishing off the Hornets without getting caught looking ahead and putting up a clunker. The trap is set, hopefully they can avoid it.
There were some nice second half revelations from the Pacers last night. Lance Stephenson was simply marvelous, making plays at BOTH ends of the floor and remaining in full control while still adding some trademark flair. This could get really fun with more consistent nights like that from Stephenson.
Also, Paul George had a horrid start to the game and even started deferring shots and plays, but then snapped out of it to find other ways to impact the game. His two-steal, four-point run in the second half really helped the Pacers seize control of the game and his five second-half steals helped deodorize the five turnovers and general poor play in the first half. Another nice sign of growth from the young fella.
Check out the links:
- Pacers at Cavaliers - Box score and highlights
- Game Rewind: Pacers 99, Cavs 89 | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Gerald Green Explodes to the Rim, Rocks It | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Pacers beat Cleveland, have won five of last six | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers dunk sinking Cavs, 99-89 - AP
- Pacers: Who wants to talk? Not Tyler Hansbrough | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- Pacers 99, Cavs 89: Tempers flare, defense cools - Cavs - Ohio
- Hibbert’s 18 leads balanced offense as Pacers stop Cavs | 1070 The Fan – Opinion & Analysis
- Without Anderson Varejao, Cavaliers lack interior fight, fall to Indiana Pacers 99-89 | cleveland.com
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Indiana Pacers Final Score: Pacers Outlast Cavs, 99-89 - Fear The Sword
- Pacers’ George rides hot shooting to career-best month amid rare company | The Point Forward - SI.com
- Pacers-Hornets Preview - AP
- Hornets reach double digit losing streak with loss to Spurs - At The Hive
- Eric Gordon regrets comments he made in restricted free agency | ProBasketballTalk