The Indiana Pacers are in Milwuakee tonight to play the Bucks but rookie center Miles Plumlee didn't join the team on the road. After spending the weekend playing for the D-League Fort Wayne Mad Ants, Plumlee returned to Indy to practice with the Pacers but then went back to NE Indiana to play with the Mad Ants when they face Canton on Wednesday.
Plumlee is certainly getting his work in with the Mad Ants which seems a far better use of time than watching his Pacers teammates from the bench.
In his first game on Friday against the Maine Red Claws, Plumlee played 35 minutes for the Mad Ants. He scored 10 points, grabbed 17 rebounds with four blocks and five turnovers. The next night against the Springfield Armor, Plumlee played 42 minutes and put up 28 points and 10 rebounds with two blocks and one turnover So, as you can see, the Mad Ants are giving Plumlee plenty of work in Fort Wayne.
As for the Pacers, newly minted Eastern Conference Player of the Week, Paul George will lead the Pacers into Milwaukee as the blue and gold try to win their fourth consecutive game. According to Mike Wells, Roy Hibbert is expected to play after recovering from a thigh contusion while Lance Stephenson remains doubtful.
Check out the links:
- Indiana Pacers swingman Paul George named Eastern Conference Player of the Week | The Star Press | thestarpress.com
- Paul George Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Once questioned, Pacers forward David West is surpassing and outlasting his peers | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Plumlee Loving Dual Role | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- George's Award His First, But Won't Be His Last | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Indiana Pacers recall rookie center Miles Plumlee - AP
- Bucks' Dunleavy ready to get back to action
- Pacers vs. Bucks Preview: Central rivals tussle in Milwaukee - Brew Hoop