George Hill made the plays to help the Pacers hold on and beat the Lakers at winning time which was big for a team not known for hero ball.
The W helped put a pretty face on an ugly game which would've been a disaster for the Pacers to lose. Who knew the Lakers offense was as messy as the Pacers? If the Pacers didn't take advantage of all of the missed free throws and turnovers the Lakers delivered then depression was ready and waiting to set in.
Instead the Pacers leave L.A. all smiles and can even chuckle about all of the moments referee Joey Crawford made his presence known. They also seem to have a better feel for how to close out games. David West and Hill have taken turns taking the big shots in close wins for the Pacers.
Midway through the fourth quarter I was hoping West was ready to ride in and carry the Pacers home. But his next shot missed everything and I realized it may not be his night despite a strong effort throughout. Fortunately confidence to make plays down the stretch which would be a start to getting the offense to play withing the same zip code as the defense.
The Joey Crawford block call GIF below nicely captures the feeling following Hill's game-winner. I have a feeling the Pacers wanted to do a similar jig on the way to the locker room after hanging on to win. What would be really nice is to hear the comments between Frank Vogel and Jim Boylen right at the end of the GIF. Check out the rest of the links if you can stop watching Crawford's ridiculousness.
- Joey Crawford is a very professional NBA ref - SBNation.com
- Pacers at Lakers - Box score and highlights
- Pacers open road trip with improbable, important win | 1070 The Fan – Opinion & Analysis
- Pacers topple Lakers on George Hill's last-second layup | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Game Rewind: Pacers 79, Lakers 77 | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Pacers: Not flashy but an effective night for Mahinmi | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- Lakers go cold in loss to Pacers - latimes.com
- Woeful shooting sinks Lakers | bryant, game, percent - Sports - The Orange County Register
- Hill's clutch shot pushes Pacers past Lakers 79-77 - AP
- George Hill Game Winner Beats Los Angeles Lakers | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- Final Score: Crawford satirizes basketball (er ... Pacers edge Lakers) 79-77 - Silver Screen and Roll
- Referee Joey Crawford does a little dance, makes a little love, makes huge call against Lakers (VIDEO) | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
- Video: Pacers' George Hill hits game-winning lay-up to beat Lakers | The Point Forward - SI.com
- Andrew Bogut says ankle "just not right yet." No timetable. | ProBasketballTalk