The Pacers continue to sputter through the start of the season as they begin a set of four road games on Tuesday against the Lakers.
Last season the Pacers started strong with a 10-4 record as they went west to play the Los Angeles Lakers. But they validated that hot start with a big win on the road over the Lakers. Six players scored in double figures that night with Roy Hibbert leading the charge after shaking off a broken nose and scoring 18 points and grabbing eight rebounds.
The team that played that night had a spirit and confidence that hasn't been seen this year. Hopefully a return to STAPLES Center will rekindle the fire for the Pacers who play far better in attack mode than react mode and at 6-8 this season, haven't done enough attacking. Probably wouldn't hurt if Hibbert played clips of himself in that game last year on a loop all day to remind him that he can make a big impact when he lets it rip.
With Andre Bynum gone and Dwight Howard in his place for the Lakers, Hibbert will find a tough challenge in L.A. tonight, but at least has to hold his own against Howard.
Check out the links:
- Pacers-Lakers Preview - AP
- Pacers coach Frank Vogel: 'We're weathering the storm' | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Staying in the Hunt | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- D Doesn't Stand for "Demotion" | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Lakers FYI: Brian Shaw stunned by how Lakers treated Phil Jackson - latimes.com
- Pau Gasol of Los Angeles Lakers playing through tendinitis in both knees - ESPN Los Angeles
- Lakers' Steve Nash, Steve Blake won't play against Indiana Pacers - latimes.com
- LAKERS: Dan D'Antoni says team has only started to learn new system - SGVTribune.com
- Metta World Peace wants you to buy a cell phone watch (VIDEO) | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
- Bulls vs. Bucks final score: Bulls blow 27-point lead in crushing loss - Blog a Bull
- Bucks 93, Bulls 92 | Ilyasova, bench lead stunning comeback, earn revenge in Chicago - Brew Hoop
- Video: A tribute to Robert Sacre and his bench contribution - Silver Screen and Roll