The Pacers make their first West Coast trip this week when they play the Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday, then head to NoCal to play the Sacramento Kings and Golden State Warriors on back-to-back nights.
The Warriors are off to a good start under second-year coach Mark Jackson and that's been without the services of center Andrew Bogut. The Aussie big man is close to returning, though and Marc J. Spears reports that Bogut will return to action on Saturday when the Pacers play the Warriors.
Bogut played a minimal role in just four games at the start of the season before eventually shutting it down to tend to an ankle injury. I'm sure the news of Bogut targeting the Pacers game for his return with have Roy Hibbert raising an eyebrow.
While with Milwaukee, when Bogut was healthy he had his way against Hibbert and often helped lead the Bucks past the Pacers in frustrating fashion as the Big Fella was figuring things out in his first few years. Hibbert and the Pacers finally got the best of Bogut's Bucks in the final two meetings of the 2010-11 season but then injuries and the Bogut's trade to Golden State ended the rivalry.
Hopefully Hibbert will have something for Bogut on Saturday as the Dubs' center works his way back into game shape.
Check out the links:
- Pacers notebook: Backup guard D.J. Augustin finds a comfort zone | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Andrew Bogut hopes to return to Warriors' lineup on Dec. 1 - Yahoo! Sports
- Gordon Hayward hits the game-winner to drop the Kings (VIDEO) | ProBasketballTalk
- Hornets’ Davis (ankle) to be sidelined weeks longer | The Point Forward - SI.com
- NBA Development League: BayHawks at Mad Ants Game Info - November 23, 2012
- NBA Development League: Red Claws at Mad Ants Game Info - November 25, 2012
- Game Preview: Pacers at Lakers | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Lakers are a different team this time against the Mavericks - latimes.com
- Pau Gasol playing through knee tendinitis - Silver Screen and Roll
- Lakers finally get some production from their reserves - latimes.com
- Pau Gasol had points to make - latimes.com
- Kevin McHale’s daughter Sasha McHale passes away at the age of 23 | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports