The Indiana Pacers had a chance to fold in the fourth quarter on Wednesday night when the New Orleans Hornets extended their lead midway through the final quarter. Instead, they found a spark from three pointers by Lance Stephenson and Paul George to eventually earn a win in overtime.
Hard to imagine the Pacers flirted with losing this one considering all of the positive highlights they delivered for the Fieldhouse fans.
- Roy Hibbert blocking 11 shots to complete a triple-double.
- Paul George scoring 37 points with a team record nine three pointers and zero turnovers.
- Tyler Hansbrough shaking off his early season struggles at the free throw line to make nine of 10 freebies including four late in OT to seal up the win.
- George Hill and David West each pitching in 16 points. West also had a couple of key buckets in the fourth quarter to fortify the Pacers come back. In fact, more West touches down the stretch may have helped the Pacers avoid the need for overtime.
- D.J. Augustin and Gerald Green connecting on yet another pogo-stick finish for Green off the lob pass. Augustin played a bigger role, including joining George Hill on the court in the fourth quarter as Frank Vogel tried to find something that would work.
- The Pacers finished the game with nine turnovers with one combined from Augustin, Hill and George.
You'd think with all of those positive plays going down at the Fieldhouse, that the Pacers wouldn't need OT to beat the Hornets. But that's not where this team is right now, so every W requires celebration despite the process. Besides Hibbert, George and Hansbrough capped off their big nights in the extra five minutes. Reggie Miller liked what he saw from PG.
Congrats Paul George, nine 3's, that's what I call "ON FIRE"!!!!!— Reggie Miller (@ReggieMillerTNT) November 22, 2012
Just win and move to the next one, which is back at home on Friday against the San Antonio Spurs, an appropriate opponent for Black Friday. Don't forget to get up early and take advantage of Black Friday ticket deals at the Fieldhouse starting at 6 a.m. ET.
Check out the links:
- Hornets at Pacers - Box score and highlights
- Game Rewind: Pacers 115, Hornets 107 | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Pacers' shooting star, Paul George, shines in OT win over Hornets | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Career nights from George, Hibbert lift Pacers past Hornets | 1070 The Fan – Opinion & Analysis
- Paul George breaks through the wall in Pacers' overtime win - SBNation.com
- Pacers: History made at the fieldhouse | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- George Walks the Fine Line | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- George, Hibbert lead Pacers over Hornets in OT - AP
- New Orleans Hornets unable to keep Paul George from scoring career-high 37 points in 115-107 overtime loss to Indiana Pacers | NOLA.com
- Post Game Grades: For One Night, Plenty for the Pacers to be Thankful for | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- Can the Pacers Last Until Danny Granger Returns? | HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors
- According to Boyle: The Value of Reading | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Danny Granger, Monta Ellis, Jordan Crawford, and the NBA's All-Chuckers Squad - Grantland
- Indiana NCAA basketball scouting: Cody Zeller struggles; Jordan Hulls steals the show in Brooklyn.
- Source: Nets' Reggie Evans first NBA player to be fined for flopping - Yahoo! Sports
- Kenyan orphans, on a fund-raising drive, re-enact Larry Bird’s famous steal of Isiah Thomas’ pass (VIDEO) | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports