The Indiana Pacers will start the season with three straight opening night games and all of the extra festivities surrounding a fresh start for the home team.
After escaping with a win in Toronto's home opener, the Pacers will help the Charlotte Bobcats tip off their season on Friday night before heading home on Saturday for their own home opener.
Of course, the Pacers hope to head home 2-0 on the season as they take on a Charlotte team that was historically bad last season and showed little signs of improvement in their 1-7 preseason campaign.
In other news found in the links, the Dallas Mavericks signed Troy Murphy to add yet person to the organization with ties back to Indiana. Murph joins Dahntay Jones and Darren Collison on the roster along with head coach Rick Carlisle and assistant Jim O'Brien. I can see JOB rubbing his hands together with a slight grin thinking about Murph knocking down some trailing 3-balls.
Check out the links:
- Game Preview: Pacers at Bobcats | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Pacers Notebook: Augustin pleased his Bobcat days are behind him | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Onus on Paul George, but replacing Granger will by committee for Pacers | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Paroxysm At Gametime: Paul George Puts Pressure On Paul George | Hardwood Paroxysm
- Troy Murphy reaches one-year deal with Dallas Mavericks - Yahoo! Sports
- Pacres interviews from Toronto - HoopsAddict
- McNeill on Pacers: An underdog story - sportsnet.ca
- NBA officials once again prove their incompetence, costing Toronto Raptors their home opener | Vancouver Sun
- Five important questions for the Bobcats heading into the 2012-2013 season - Rufus on Fire
- Bobcats Gameday vs. Pacers 11.02.12 | CharlotteObserver.com
- Fowler: Charlotte Bobcats hire Ben Gordon to fill open job at closer | CharlotteObserver.com
- Michael Jordan: I'm committed to Charlotte Bobcats for long haul - NBA - Sporting News
- NBA Preview: The Orlando Magic and The Indiana Pacers - SB Nation Chicago
- Winderman: Trying to make sense of rookie contract extensions | ProBasketballTalk